Hi, I'm new to this place, and back on SW for 2018 *eye roll* new year new me *eye roll*.
Truth is, 1 and half years ago, me and my best friends joined SW in group, they succeeded - got to their goal weight and i epically failed... lost weight and then plonked it all back on... i gave up! I tried again last year but the same thing happened and just got to this mind frame that 'oh well, ill just get used to being the fat friend'.
This year, i have events that I'm really motivated to lose weight for. one being my partners parents wedding - seeing as ill be in loads of photos i want to look and feel good and i deffo don't at the moment!

So here i am! Last year, i tried with a slimming world instagram because my friends did it and it really worked for them - i hated it. i just found myself comparing to everybody else and it made me feel worse, so after cancelling it i am here - hoping that you lot can help me through my struggle this year! :):):)

Anyway, any hints or tips would be gratefully appreciated - how have you survived? what are your staple meal and snack ideas? one thing i wouldn't mind is breakfast ideas - I'm not a brekky person and any quick brekky ideas that aren't alpen bars would be great!

Looking forward to joining you all and starting my long battle with weight loss!
thanks

I'm just restarting my journey too, but do have some tips that might help
*Keep changing your healthy extras
*Think of your favourite meals and then make them SW friendly
*Don't stick to the same stuff, look online for meal and recipe ideas
*Batch cook if possible
What do you normally have for breakfast when you're not following SW?

I’m also restarting from last week. So far I’ve stuck to it (which is longer than I usually manage lol).
I think what has helped is:
-change of meals to exciting new recipes so I feel like each meal is a pleasure not a ‘diet’.
-prep and batch cooking. I’ve also frozen leftovers so I have quick ready meals for when I get home from work and want a takeaway.
-meticulously measuring healthy extras and syns
-recording EVERY morsel in my food diary :)

Good luck with your restart, you can do it!

Hi, I'm new to this place, and back on SW for 2018 *eye roll* new year new me *eye roll*.
Truth is, 1 and half years ago, me and my best friends joined SW in group, they succeeded - got to their goal weight and i epically failed... lost weight and then plonked it all back on... i gave up! I tried again last year but the same thing happened and just got to this mind frame that 'oh well, ill just get used to being the fat friend'.
This year, i have events that I'm really motivated to lose weight for. one being my partners parents wedding - seeing as ill be in loads of photos i want to look and feel good and i deffo don't at the moment!

So here i am! Last year, i tried with a slimming world instagram because my friends did it and it really worked for them - i hated it. i just found myself comparing to everybody else and it made me feel worse, so after cancelling it i am here - hoping that you lot can help me through my struggle this year! :):):)

Anyway, any hints or tips would be gratefully appreciated - how have you survived? what are your staple meal and snack ideas? one thing i wouldn't mind is breakfast ideas - I'm not a brekky person and any quick brekky ideas that aren't alpen bars would be great!

Looking forward to joining you all and starting my long battle with weight loss!
thanks

I am starting again - way heavier than I have ever been. Being my size for me is not an option. Good luck with your weight loss. I am sure this time you will be successful. f x

Welcome to the family. X

This is my ....... time on sw 😉

It does work, I've lost 24.5lbs since joining in November . Again.
The trick is sticking with it.
This lot will see you straight x

Welcome back to SW! The above advice is excellent and my tips for sticking to it would be:-

- If it's not free, weigh/measure it!
- Variety is key, mix things up so you don't get fed up eating the same things every day.
- Batch cook (seems to be a popular theme here :) ) I spend about 1 Sunday every 3 weeks making at least 3 different things that I can box up and put in the freezer. Perfect to grab for lunches when you don't know what else to take.
- Snack on free foods and, if you work away from home, leave temptation in the cupboards. If it's not there, you can't eat it.
- Throw in the odd SP day where you can, they really help boost losses, especially during weeks where you might have had an off day, such as drinks out.
- If you suffer from cravings, try to find a way to overcome them. There's no one-size-fits-all solution for this but personally I listen to a weight-loss CD before bed every night. This isn't an advert so I won't say what it is (it's in my weight loss diary if you're interested) but since starting listening to that I've found my cravings have completely disappeared. I no longer want chocolate, crisps, bread, cheese, stodgy carb-loaded things or anything and my losses are definitely reflecting this. It's also improved my mood tenfold; I wake up feeling happy now :)
- Portion control is important. If you're the kind of person that goes for seconds or dessert, wait 10 minutes after your first portion to see if you're really hungry enough to eat more. A glass of water after dinner usually helps me here as it makes me feel too full to eat more.

As for breakfast ideas, I'm not a breakfast person either. I usually cut up a grapefruit the night before and put it in a tub to eat at work but sometimes I'll have porridge with berries or overnight oats with apple, satsuma and mixed spice. Fruit and yogurt is a good one too, though I've kind of gone off yogurt a bit lately. Can't stomach Alpen bars or anything too sweet in the mornings. Don't like cooking first thing in the morning either but on weekends I might have egg and mushrooms, if I can be bothered.

Best of luck on your journey, looking forward to seeing how you get on!

Back