I need a reciepe...

Slice your pork/chicken (thin strips).
In a cup mix 2 tblsp of soy sauce, 4 tblsp of passata (or 2 tblsp of tomato puree ), one grated garlic, 1 tbsp of wine vinigar, 1 tspn od splenda, 1 tbspn of 5-spice powder
slice your favourite veg ( mashrooms,peppers,onions,sweetcorn,mange tout, carrots etc)

Spray wok or pan with Frilight, put some meat in, fry until cooked through, Put the meat away.
Spray the pan again, add veg, fry for aprox 4-5 min (they should stay
crunchy), add meat and the sauce - cook for further 3 min.
Add some cooked noodles and serve!
yummy!!!!

strips of whatever meat you are using
bag of prepared oriental veg
peppers
bamboo shoots
mushrooms
soy sauce
chinese 5 spice
noodles already in soak

Spray wok with fry light
add meat and cook through
add peppers and mushrooms if it becomes a little dry at some soy sauce
add the rest of the ingridient and cook through. Add noodles toss and serve.

I will sometimes add a stock cube made up with a bit of water and thickend with corn flour just to give a thicker sauce. The syns on the corn flour aren't worth bothering about really split between people cos you only need a tiny bit but I usually add 1/2 just to account for it.
Fresh pineapple chucked in with pork is nice too.

Stacey's Singapore Style Noodles - forget the takeaway!

I love this recipe!

My version, adapted from the series 'Chinese Food Made Easy' - this is now my favourite stir-fry and tastes as good as a takeaway!

Serves 2 (very generous portions - can easily serve 3)

Syns - 0.5 per serving

Ingredients
1 tbsp grated fresh root ginger
1 red chilli, de-seeded, finely chopped
5 fresh shiitake mushrooms (or normal mushrooms), sliced
2 tsp ground turmeric
1 red pepper, de-seeded and sliced
1 handful julienned carrot strips
Pack of asparagus and baby corn, chopped
226g chicken breast or thigh (raw weight), boiled and sliced (HEX B)
250g/9oz dried vermicelli rice noodles, pre-soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained (found in Tesco ethnic section or just use egg noodles, cooked)
1 tsp crushed dried chillies
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce (1 syn)
1 tbsp clear rice vinegar or cider vinegar
1 free-range egg, beaten
2 spring onions, sliced lengthways

Method

Prepare all the ingredients in advance - chop all the veg and cook the chicken, get the noodles on (if using the ones that need to soak for 10 mins)

1. Spray a wok with Frylight and heat until very hot, then stir fry the ginger, chilli, mushrooms and turmeric for a few seconds.

2. Add the red pepper, carrots, asparagus, baby corn. Add some boiling water a little bit at a time to help create steam and cook the veg. If your wok has a lid, cover it and let steam for a few minutes or until the veg is how you like it. Add the cooked chicken and mix.

3. Add the noodles to the wok and toss for 1-2 minutes, then season with the chillies, soy sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar. Stir well to combine.

4. Pour the beaten egg into the wok and stir gently for one minute, or until the egg is cooked through. Season with a dash of sesame oil (optional - add 2 syns per tsp), then pile the stir-fry onto a serving plate and garnish with the sliced spring onions.

Back