I need all your lovely ideas! ^_^

RubyMoss

Silver Member
Basically, I've only been sticking to the slimming world diet for the past week or so, and I've already exhausted all my meal ideas. I'm finding Green days the easiest, as I love the Tomato & Herb mug shots, potatoes and pasta etc, but I'm really struggling to find anything else I can eat that doesn't come from a packet - or anything for a Red day, come to think of it.

I'm not very good at cooking so I'm scared to try making most of the things out of slimming world magazine, and I don't know where to start with meat, so if anyone has any suggestions at all, I'd be sooooo grateful! ^_^

(Damn me being so picky when it comes to food! Haha)

Oooh thanks :)
I've never actually had Egg Mayonnaise, so maybe it's about time I had a go at that!
I bought some Mattesons Turkey Rashers because I'm trying to force myself to eat more meat, but I'm really unsure about whether I even want to try them! lol!

if you dont really like meat then why force yourself to eat it? if you force yourself then i dont think you will stick at it for very long.

homemade egg mayo is so easy to make, just boil some eggs then dice quite small you can then either add some light or extra light mayo(you would need to syn) or add low fat natural yog with a little bit of mustard and extra light cream cheese(he A)
what sort of meat do you like eating iff any

Oh, sorry, I do like meat, I just never really know what to do with it, other than the usual.
The only meat I eat on a regular basis is Chicken, and extra lean beef mince, but I do like most meats, I just don't know where to start! The only reason that I'm forcing myself to eat more meat is because otherwise I'll turn into pasta ^_^ plus it's good to have variety - I just get stuck in the easiness of adding water to pasta.

i love meat, i could do red days all the time. you could do chicken mayo and have i with salad or one that is very easy is slice a chicken breast down the thick side (not all the way through) and fill with soft cheese and then wrap in bacon, sorry if the prevous post sounded abrupt it wasnt ment to be, i dont know what you all ready do with the mince and chicken but if you want any help just give me a shout i love cooking

On Red or Green: Homemade superfree veg soup.... buy some superfree veg (ANYTHING will do... just buy what you like) peel and chop into a saucepan. Cover with boiling water and a stock cube (1 syn) and boil until all of the veg is really soft, then use a stick blender to whizz it until it is smooth.
I often buy tesco's seasonal veg (parsnip, onion, carrot and swede) a bag is £1 and that does 5/6 portions for me.
It freezes well too.

Curry is really easy to make, because you just chuck the spices etc in tp a saucepan with the meat, then add a can of toms and I ususally put 0% yog in right at the very end.

Apart from those, look in the recipe thread on here.

Also, don't be afraid of trying things... the worst that can happen is you can't eat it, then you have some soup from the freezer instead! (Trust me I've done it!)
The more you practise, the better you will become at cooking too.

On Red or Green: Homemade superfree veg soup.... buy some superfree veg (ANYTHING will do... just buy what you like) peel and chop into a saucepan. Cover with boiling water and a stock cube (1 syn) and boil until all of the veg is really soft, then use a stick blender to whizz it until it is smooth.
I often buy tesco's seasonal veg (parsnip, onion, carrot and swede) a bag is £1 and that does 5/6 portions for me.
It freezes well too.

Curry is really easy to make, because you just chuck the spices etc in tp a saucepan with the meat, then add a can of toms and I ususally put 0% yog in right at the very end.

Apart from those, look in the recipe thread on here.

Also, don't be afraid of trying things... the worst that can happen is you can't eat it, then you have some soup from the freezer instead! (Trust me I've done it!)
The more you practise, the better you will become at cooking too.

I agree try some simple recipes you may be surprised and will help you stick to it, because you can make a slimming world version of just about any food, Italian, Indian, Mexican etc....What is the worst that can happen it doesn't taste good and you have to throw it away or feed to dog.....lol.....I am spending to day making quorn bangers hotpot, lasagna, spicy veggie burgers and freezing them...yummmy....

try some cooking!
i never thought i was any good at it, but i surprised myself!
i dont think id be able to stick to the diet if i had to have the same foods

Thanks everyone!
I think I might make burgers today.. Not that that's really 'cooking' but hey ho, it's better than nothing! ^_^

I've always been a bit wary of Quorn because I like the taste of meat and worry Quorn will taste odd, but I think I may have to try it!

Hi, the recipes in the mag are really good and quite easy to follow. Try not to be scared of them! A sure fire way to fall off the wagon is to get bored with food, variety really is the spice of life plus it keeps your body guessing!

Try risotto with peas and leek, or making your own pasta sauce with tomatoes, onion, garlic and chilli and adding some prawns or cooked chicken and serve with some pasta. Easy, quick, healthy and not from a packet!

Jacket potatoes are super with beans, tuna, cottage cheese, chilli and the coronation chicken jacket in the magazine is one I can't wait to make, it looks great.

For a red day, chuck some chicken, onions, carrots, swede and herbs in a pan with some stock or tinned tomatoes and leave it to cook. Great casserole to serve with potatoes or extra veg and dead easy too!!
Have a look on the SW website for lots of meal ideas, you can search for red or green meal ideas. Experiment, take your time, enjoy cooking and enjoy the meals even more!!

Jay xx

Making your burgers absulutely counts as cooking!

Think about the flavours you like, and go from there - If I was making a burger, I would chop a small onion really finely and 'fry' it off til it was soft, add some dried mixed herbs. I would mix this into my extra lean mince with some salt and pepper, scrunching it with my hands. Personally I would probably add a dash of Worcester sauce as it makes it taste more 'meaty'.

shape it into burgers (go thinner rather than thicker so they cook through nicely, you can always make it a 'double') and grill it at the same time as some bacon or even one of your turkey rashers ...

stack in a HB bread roll with an HA of cheese and add pickles if you like them yum yum yum :D

I used to say that I couldn''t cook...now I'm starting to and I quite enjoy it.
Two recipes to make with mince are a spag bol, and one of my faves from the red recipe book, 'slimmer's cheesy mince' - both *dead easy* to do...(otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it *lol*)

Back