I Need Help!

NOoooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Why do you feel bad??? Headaches??? take whatever tablets you would normally, drink plenty of water and have a warm bath then an early night .... NO food!!!

It really will pass after 3 days and if you keep on and drink all your water you'll feel great on day 4. Remember why you want to do this diet and stay away from the food!!!

Tell us more about yourself, read other peoples diaries, or look at the inspirational photos in the gallery - if all else fails go in the arcade!!!

Good luck!

Dont do it!! You will feel awful afterwards for giving in and as much as you fancy the food it will be a big disappointment!! Ive been picking all through my restart so I know its HARD but its harder after youve eaten to get back on the straight and narrow with this diet. Try and find something to take your mind of it or if desperate go to bed and stay there!! Good luck sarahxx.

Oh hunny be strong! I know it feels hard and strange but it's all about breaking your habits.

I'm no expert on this but I've made it through my first week (first weigh in tomorrow) and while I don't feel fantastic, I do feel better than I did at first.

I've been popping on and off the scales over this week and think I'll have probably lost 9 or 10 pounds by tomorrow - you can do that too hun.

The very best advice I can give you is have another pint of water and see how you feel then. When I feel like I want to eat that's what I do and by then the urge has usually passed.

Good luck!

Thank you for your encouragement.....I think I'm just bored which is making me want to eat. I'm just clinging onto the feeling passing in a few days, I am very hungry and a little lightheaded....plus have to keep going to the toilet after drinking all this water!!

Oh Ellie....your post has bought a little tear to my eye! I know I really want to do this, so I must stick to it. I'm also trying to deal with living alone for the first time so I'm struggling a bit. Just want to be slim and happy!

Thank you for your encouragement.....I think I'm just bored which is making me want to eat. I'm just clinging onto the feeling passing in a few days, I am very hungry and a little lightheaded....plus have to keep going to the toilet after drinking all this water!!

Boredom is a main factor in many diets hun, you are not alone. Try and think of something to keep you occupied, what about a bath and an early night??

You will get used to this water, and it will adjust so you wont be going to the loo as much.

This is your time now, stick with it hunx

Have you had all your packs??? If you feel lightheaded tomorrow, it might be a good idea to half your packs and space them out through the day .... having 6 meals then instead of 3. Drink plenty of water - and you'll soon see the pounds disappearing!

Tell us more about yourself and why you want to lose the weight - that might give you the motivation to stay away from food!!!

Yes, I have had my three packs, but think I will halve them tomorrow and have six...see if that makes me feel better.

More about me....well......I'm recently divorced and am living alone in a new town. I am 16.3 stone and feeling very down on myself. Was 12.7 when I got married and felt great! I'm hoping if I lose weight I will meet new people and hopefully build my life back up.

Hi LoodyLou, it's my first day too, but I'm on my second time round.

Keep going, it really won't be long until you have got the hang of it. That first weekly weigh in is so worth all the feelings of deprivation. Remember though that it is not really deprivation - it is freedom from food so that you can taste the success of being slim (see what I did there? :D)

Get through this first week, one day at a time and you will be on top of the world by the end of the week.

A quick nibble, or your goal weight? If you're anything like me you won't be able to do both!

I'm trying to focus on that....my first weigh in. Do you think I will lose more than 7lbs?

Joining this site tonight has really pulled me through.....so glad I came on....you all sound great!

When I did it last time, in a group of 10 of us the least lost was 5lbs (think this lady cheated though), and the next up from that was 9lbs!

Onwards and downwards! Don't let your chatterbox win :)

Oh I'm glad we are helping. It's not going to be easy, but with determination and support we will get there! Well done you for taking the step and getting control of it. It feels good to being doing something really meaningful for yourself doesn't it?

I know what you mean about needing the loo all the time - that drove me nuts the first few days but it is slowly settling down! It's also getting easier to drink more water. The first few days I struggled to drink 3 litres but I've had 4 already today and will probably have another before bed.

When I'm bored and struggling I kill time looking at 'thin' clothes online! It's a good incentive!

stick with it and you will i'm sure, i lost more than that in the first week but most people seem to from the posts i have read.
Think how good you will feel and that will give you the incentive to stick with it now and after.

Good luck, keep tapping away on the forum, will distract you and give you encouragement :) - all the comments are true - i am just starting week 6 and have lost over 2 stone - you'll soon get in the swing of it - those few few days are the worst while your stomach adjusts to less input.

It does feel great to be doing this for myself and nobody else! Feeling really lightheaded now! Does everyone promise these feelings will go in a few days? Do you really not feel hungry?

The carb withdrawal symptoms went in about four days for me last time.
I stopped feeling tummy hungry on the second day. I still felt what I call "head hungry" - tempted through boredom, throughout the program but that was part of the whole thing for me. I chose to do a VLCD to be removed from food so that I could learn not to eat for emotional reasons. That was the toughest bit for me, but that is determination and if you take it one day at a time you can do it.

Good point

True, i had headaches for the first couple of days (but i also cut out tea and coffee so caffeine withdrawal didn't help)
Occasionally my stomach rumbles around 4-5pm but i tend to have one shake in the morning 8 or 9 am, then my next at 6-7pm with the final (usually soup) about 9.30pm because that suits my habits - i usually feel more tempted later in the day sat in front of the telly - so those rumbles are my fault because of the long gap but i find a cup of tea (i drink peppermint tea now) or some water soon sorts the rumbles out and you quickly go past that anyway.
You just need to find a routine that suits you and you'll be fine :D

sorry i should say that generally i never feel hungry now - it's very occasional this happens.
just remember to drink loads of water!!

I can't say that I don't feel hungry at all, but I feel what I imagine is 'normal' hunger. For example, I'm hungry when I come home from work but feel ok once I've had my soup. I don't feel hungry all the time anymore, like I did at first.

I felt lightheaded and sort of weak the first few days but, on the advice of someone here, I increased the amount of water I had and slept as much as possible - it has passed now.

I'm like Paisley - I opted for this to take food right out of the equation and while I miss eating (I love food!) I like that I have no food to consider at all. I think that helps with the emotional eating.

Did you like your soups/shakes today?
I was really discouraged at first because I hated the first soup, but once I found one or two i liked then it was much better.

I have a cup of peppermint tea sitting next to me....stone cold now! I took one sip and decided I didn't like it! Need to persist me thinks!

This going to be soooo worth it....slim (er) for the summer!

Back