I need help!!!

mummyoftwo2

Hey everybody,hope you guys are ok.
I need help!!!
I am on the cd SS.Week one I manage to lose 8lb but on I am on week two now and so far I havent lose any weight.I dont know whats is going on.I am not doing any exercise tough,but following the diet 100%.
Please help me and tell me what could I do.
Thank you all.

Well done on your first week's loss - 8lbs is brilliant!
When is your weigh day?

as you said so far you havent lost any weight... does this mean you are weighing in between?? if so. dont....

it could be loads of things like, time of the month, being being a bit blocked up (if you get what i mean), not drinking enough water....

As Kes said already don't weigh in between your official weigh in days. The body doesn't lose weight like a steady trend on a graph on a daily basis... suddenly a few pounds will disappear overnight. If you are sticking to the plan it will work for you; just trust it :)

i am a serial weigher. twice a day. it's really bad addiction. really we shouldn't weigh ourselves so much.

after loosing 8lbs you must be so pleased and waiting for another load to show asap. i find that after week 1 it's towards the end of your week when you will find it dropping down again. often the 2nd and 3rd week etc are lower losses. so don't panic. you should be loosing on average 3.5lbs a week. some weeks will be higher and others lower.

i understand, and everyone on cd understands that we all want this weight off asap. if i had my wish i'd loose 7lbs a week every week if i could. :D

Don't worry about it - if you are doing it 100% you will lose the weight. Sometimes you will lose inches rather than pounds. Are you drinking enough water?

Don't stand on the scales every day (says me who weighs twice a day - I know I shouldn't but i do). LAst week I was really despondent because I thought i had "only` lost 3 (according to my scales) but was really surprised to have lost 5 on my CDCs - spent the rest of the day grinning (til I stood abck on my scales again ;-().

Just stick with it - good luck

What great things said. :D

You won't lose weight every day. Very often you'll stick at the same weight for three, maybe four days in a row, then suddenly drop two pounds on the fifth day and another on the sixth day.

But prepare yourself for the fact that there might even be weeks where you don't lose more than a pound or two - because that happens to everyone at some point. No one's too sure why but there is a theory that what happens is that your fat cells fill with water just in case you need them again then finally, your body accepts it's okay to let those fat cells shrink, releases the water and whoosh, the scales drop. You see, scales can't tell the difference between fat and water. Every day that you do SS 100%, you'll be losing fat - but you might not lose that water until later.

This is another reason why it really is best not to weigh in between weigh days - unless you're the sort of person who can view what the scales say with a sort of scientific detachment, LOL.

Don't panic - you're losing fat, okay? :)

:D my scales have a fat % thing on and i like looking at this too. i'm bl**dy obsessed!!!! :rolleyes:

thank you,you guys!!! You are right,I weight myself evry morning just after I have my shower and befor I have had even my water.After having lose that much the first week I was expecting a same amount this week,but I'll follow your advise and stop the in between weighting.
Also I just want to say you guys are my inspiration,I came in this website b4 I started CD and looking at how good you guys are doing make me put a stop and get in to the programme.Thank you and I hope to be ther for you all the way as I think you will be for me.
One more thing,Does exercising make a big difference on the losing?
Thank you all,xxx

as an exercise freak, yes it does. it actually slows down the loss every so slightly. the up side of this is that you do tone quicker so will be a smaller dress size. last week i wasn't able to do as much exercise as the previous week. now i'm not sure if it was because i'd lost so much in my first week but my 2nd week loss was not great, i'm on the 810. this week having done very little my monday weigh in i'd lost 4lbs.

i think that it depends on what exercise you do.

Exercise probably won't speed up your weight loss. You're already going to be losing weight about as quickly as you possibly can while still staying healthy. But it's worth doing it for all the other benefits - like feeling fitter, toning up, and the sense of accomplishment to be had from making exercise a long term habit (and a really good habit to have, at that).

Just don't expect too much from your body. Depending on how much you have to lose and how fit you are, you might find you can't do as much as you'd like to, anyway. It depends to some extent on whether you're already a regular exerciser. And some of us feel better on this diet than others, so it's best to wait a week or two after starting before introducing anything more strenuous than swimming or a brisk walk.

I do remember reading somewhere though that if you find you're doing enough exercise to make a visible difference on the scales, you should probably be on a higher plan - i.e., not SS or SS+.

Back