I need help!

I'm constant going round in circles of losing a bit of weight and then putting it on. I've done WW and SW but nothing lasts. I feel as though I have no will power and don't know where to find it. My friends and family are supportive but I think they get fed up of me going on about it. I have around 10 stone to lose, I have a young daughter and I want to be better for her.

Any advice on what to try or tips to stay motivated would be awesome. I've started a couple of threads on here before but no one answered them :-( please people I really need some help xxxxx

Hello! Have you posted in this section before? It's just unusual for someone to be ignored on WEMITTs, lol. Sorry if you have!

Anyway, do not despair, you can do this, absolutely. There are lots of people in this section with loads to lose, so read around some of their diaries, maybe join in the Team 50 challenge? That's a whole band of folks who are trying to lose 50lbs by Christmas. What plan are you going to follow? I calorie count myself. I started off with ten stone to lose, so I know how you feel. It's daunting to start out with, but time flies and if you stick with it the weight does go. I've lost almost nine stone now and am just fighting with the last bit, lol. So go for it, and good luck! :) xx

Hey Kerrygold! I've got about the same, maybe a bit more, to lose (depending on how I feel when I get closer to my target!) I've done the same, WW and SW, but tailed off from it. I'm calorie counting at the minute and finding that is working for me so far. If you need a buddy then I'm happy to help :)

TracyGWill what a fantastic weight loss! You must be so proud of yourself :)

rachools said:
Hey Kerrygold! I've got about the same, maybe a bit more, to lose (depending on how I feel when I get closer to my target!) I've done the same, WW and SW, but tailed off from it. I'm calorie counting at the minute and finding that is working for me so far. If you need a buddy then I'm happy to help :)

TracyGWill what a fantastic weight loss! You must be so proud of yourself :)

Thank you so much, hon, that's very kind of you to say. :) It does feel good, I must admit, so I always try to encourage others on here, so they can feel good too, as I've had so much support and motivation from this forum. I always say if I can do it anyone can, as I'm pretty much an old crock, lol. :) xx

Thank you ladies! I'm not sure what to do yet but I'm determined that things need to change. 9 stone is an amazing loss, go you!!!

Can't wait to get on it, thank you so much for your replies :) xxxxx

Hi Kerrygold and good luck :)

I think seeing others here in the same situation and who are doing it and succeeding is such an amazing inspiration, and makes you want those things for yourself more so than before.

That said, I've had a major blip over the last few days lol....

hi kerrygold welcome to the forum love xxxx

Hello! I have blip after blip. Your right seeing and speaking to others help. I need to plan so I don't have to think about what I'm having so I'm going to do a meal planner, write a shopping list and off I go :)

Thank you for all your welcomes :) xxxx

If you have a smart phone, copy your meal planner to that, that way you won't forget your shopping list.

A lot of people here use an app called 'my fitness pal'. I have downloaded it and it looks pretty cool, don't think it does meal plans though, but if you put everything into it without cheating, it'll tell you if you're eating enough/too much & the calories of specific items you add (as long as it's in their database, or you can add it yourself). It'll also tell you when you save a day you could weigh blah blah in 5 weeks.

Kerrygold1982 said:
Thank you ladies! I'm not sure what to do yet but I'm determined that things need to change. 9 stone is an amazing loss, go you!!!

Can't wait to get on it, thank you so much for your replies :) xxxxx

Thank you! You can get there yourself sooner than you realise, just stay determined and keep coming on here! And to reiterate what Paula79 said, My Fitness Pal has been absolutely brilliant for me, I can really recommend it. :) xx

Same with my fitness pal, I've been using it and I think it's fantastic. You can create recipes and scan things in too, I'd really recommend it :) xx

I used to use My Fitness Pal and it is defiantly recommended. One thing I will say though is don't put in your exercise they over estimate what people lose on it, in my view. I lost weight without SW or WW or any other "diet plan" but my own but that was mainly due to budget and health reasons I know for many these work. For me the main thing has been doing my own thing, support/advice on here and originally my fitness pal. I would give it a go. The will power is the hard bit. I lost a fair bit recently but you can do it :)

i think m.f.p. is great to x x

I love that you can gauge your weekly guide to things like fibre, so you know to up specific things.

lol lol like your thinking hun

I don't, noticed I'm shoddy with fibre, so have bought a shaker thingymebob so I can add some to recipes lol.

Back