I need motivation!!!!!

mcmc81

Hi everyone, this my first thread!

I'm a 28 yr old girl (!) who has tried to lose weight for the past ten years. I have previously been on ww and have recently started again. I started off really well and lost 1 stone in my first month but now my motivation has gone :cry: I need help!

I have joined a gym this morning and am looking for a programme that will help the weight drop off quickly but will also improve my fitness levels. Any ideas?? I've got 7 stone to lose and it seems like such a long way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My first advice to you would be to change your way of viewing your target- by that I mean, don't tell yourself you've 7 stone to lose- set a smaller target, like to lose one stone at a time. And set yourself a non-food 'treat' when you get to it (new hair-do, facial, shoes etc.?) That way it won't seem so daunting.
Think about WHY you want to lose the weight- be it to get healthy, look better whatever, then remind yourself everytime you waver. You'll have good days & bad days like all of us, but if you fall off the wagon- don't think "Oh thats that then", just start over the next day. Little by little you will do it!
The gym is a great motivator- especially if you've paid for it! A good instructor there will be able to devise a programme suited to your fitness level and goals.
Try not to 'ban' any foods, work them into your daily food. I find if you look on something as 'bad' then you'll only crave it more? So allow yourself a little of whatever it is. 'Normal' people can eat everything, so why can't we? We just need to learn when to say- enough! LOL!
If you find yourself snacking/nibbling, distract yourself- wash your teeth, paint your nails, drink a big glass of water- anything to occupy your hands.

Thanks so much! I'm definitely feeling determined now and i'm looking forward to my first gym visit! Going to try and go every morning and get it over with. Hopefully it will set me up for the day ahead:)

I hope i'll be back with some positive weightloss as it seems like a great supportive forum. Thanks again for your advice :D

Hi mcmc81.
We've all been there - trying to keep motivated to loose that weight. This forum is brillant for that as it just gives you that extra bit of support that we all need. Everyone needs a moan and somewhere to vent and this forum is also great for that. Also when you've done well, everyone is so genuinely pleased for you. Its amazing how typing your feelings down keeps you busy and then less time to eat and more motivated!

I agree with Irishmum, little targets are soo much easy to get and more realistic. Like the saying says look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves...Its abit like that, look after the lbs and the stones look after themselves.

Good luck and everyone here is here to help
xx

Back