I need to come back :-(

corinne_j

This is a very hard post to make, it means admitting what a failure I am.

Last year, I lost a lot of weight on SS for my wedding. I went from a size 22 to wearing a size 12 wedding dress. I felt fantastic, everyone was so proud of me and constantly complimented me on how I looked. I bought so many clothes, things I would have never been able to wear before. It was amazing.

But for some reason only known to myself, after the wedding I just gave up, and went straight back to my old eating habits. The consequence of this is that I've put pretty much all the weight back on. There, I've said it.

I feel so ashamed, I hate going out, I try to avoid any social occasions as I feel people are going to think bad of me for putting the weight back on, I almost feel I've let them down, as well as myself.

I'm constantly tired again, I'm now a student nurse and after a shift can hardly walk, I'm sure it's because of carrying all the extra weight around.

Perhaps the most upsetting thing (to me!) is that I have a wardrobe full of lovely summery clothes that I bought last year that I haven't a hope of fitting into, and will have to put up with wearing huge shapeless things this year, unless I do something about it.

So having thought long and hard, I've decided to come back to CD. It worked so well last time, and I'm determind for it to work again. I can't believe I'm in this position after promising everyone and myself I would never go back to how I was "before", which is exactly what I have done :cry:

Oops, sorry for the mammoth post! Just to rub salt into the wound, I've attached pics before CD and then on my wedding day. I'm now back to how I was before. Help.

Corinne x

Attachments

• before.jpg
    before.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 115
  • CK211.jpg
    CK211.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 122
I'm sorry you need to come back, but you are doing the right thing! You know CD works, and it works quickly. You'll have the weight off in no time, I'm sure.

You look stunning on your wedding day, what a fantastic motivating picture!

When are you restarting? Have you contacted a CDC yet?

All the best xxx

This is a very hard post to make, it means admitting what a failure I am.

Last year, I lost a lot of weight on SS for my wedding. I went from a size 22 to wearing a size 12 wedding dress. I felt fantastic, everyone was so proud of me and constantly complimented me on how I looked. I bought so many clothes, things I would have never been able to wear before. It was amazing.

So having thought long and hard, I've decided to come back to CD. It worked so well last time, and I'm determind for it to work again. I can't believe I'm in this position after promising everyone and myself I would never go back to how I was "before", which is exactly what I have done :cry:

Oops, sorry for the mammoth post! Just to rub salt into the wound, I've attached pics before CD and then on my wedding day. I'm now back to how I was before. Help.

Corinne x

You have done it once you can do it again second time wiser for you know the pit fall,

Good luck on your journey, your not alone im another restarter knowing that i can do it on CD so can you......

Hi there, good luck getting back into cd, loads of support here. :) No need to be ashamed, it can happen to the best of us. I'd like to return to cd too.

Well done on putting your first post down on the forum. It was obviously hard for you to do but it is a good step.
You look absolutely amazing in your wedding picture and I'm sure you'll take the inspiration from that to do it again.

Well done you and good luck!
XXX

Hello Corrine, firstly welcome back, secondly dont beat yourself up hun you have made a decision to get back on track and loose your weight. You look beautiful on your wedding day and this will pic will motivate you to do well again. You will get there as you are not on your own.... as you can see :D

I struggle but know I will succeed in the end!

With the help of this forum we CAN do this x

Restarting too.

You are an inspiration. Failure is not in making mistakes, but giving up. You have had such a huge turnaround, not only did you lose so much weight, but you got hitched and started a nursing degree. You probably just turned to the same thing you always turned to, food.

I am starting a nursing degree in September too please God and want to lose weight for the reason you gave. It'll take a lot out of me and I want to be on top form.

Maybe we just need to learn to turn to use something other than food as our go-to when we get stressed. :eek:

Good luck with the restart! :party0011:

Congratulations on taking the first step. I'm a returned too. A lot of people talk about it being harder second time round. I am more motivated and finding it easier, so it can happen!!!

You know what to expect and you have the clothes as inspiraton.
After only 4 weeks I've got into a lot of my old clothes and I am sure that you will too.

What an amazing wedding day pic - you look stunning and it won't take long to get back there x

Isn't it awful that we can think of ourselves as failures depending upon whether we're fat or slim? What's weight got to do with whether you're a failure or not? :confused:

You're not a failure, hun. You simply did what statistics show nearly all of us do. You lost weight - and then regained it again. But hey, you know that you can lose it again. You know that CD works. You know how it works and what it takes. You're ahead of the game already.

As for why you did it, well, I reckon there's a good chance you don't really know why. Let's face it, eating is damned good fun. It's only when you stop eating that you realise how nearly every social event in the world revolves around shovelling things into your mouth, from popcorn to white wine. It's pretty tough then not to end up doing just that. Everyone else is doing it, so why can't you?

I put back 2 and a half stones of the weight I lost last year before I realised that enough was enough. This time around, I'm trying to concentrate not so much on the dieting journey but on what I'll do when I get there. I highly recommend having a read through the posts in the Bring your head inside and the rest will follow forum http://www.minimins.com/bring-your-head-inside-your-body-will-follow/ - and, bizarre though this might sound right now - the CD Maintenance forum. There's something about reminding myself that losing the weight is actually the easy bit that's keeping me focused this time.

You can do this, hun. You know you can - you've done it before. Six months from now, nearly all if not all of that regained weight can be gone again. That's not all that long, not really, is it?

Big hug :hug99: and best of luck (not that you're gonna need it). You go, girl!

The first step is the biggest, and like you said thats admitting you need to come back, and you have done just that, but please dont think you are a failure, you are coming back arnt you, you appear really determined, and you point out all the things which can keep you motivated:

Feeling tired = Cd gives you loads of energy
Clothes dont fit = you dont have to buy a new wardrobe full of clothes, why not get out your fav outfit and hang it outside your wardrobe for inspiration.

You can do it you know how easy it can be, although it was a bit harder for me this time, but not for all, some say it was just as easy 2nd time.

We can all win in the end.

We all have ability, the difference is how you use it!

Debs

Back