I need to come off Lipotrim??

margareth

Its my birthday next week and my husband told me he wants to take me out for a meal! What can I do do I stop TFR for one day or take my shake in morning and afternoon/ lunch time??

Hi, if youe at anything during the meal with carboydrate in it you will come out of ketosis, doing this quickly without refeed can mean you can gain lots of pounds, and it may well take you four or five days to get into ketosis again.. If you have to eat then i would recommend going on refeed for the days leading up to your birthday.. but my advice is, basically, dont do it.. I have done this type of thing twice on lipotrim and I can tell you it is very hard to get back onto tfr after you have come out of ketosis, restarting is hard work and many many people give up altoghether after eating while on tfr.. I fyou have only been on tfr for a few weeks and still have alot of weight to loose, then i personally would recommend you dont go for a meal on your birthday, stick tot he plan and make the next few weeks easier for yourself.. this is from my experience.. why not ask your hubby to bring you clothes shopping or to a spa for the day, anything that does not involve food.. if you are doing tfr and then just start eating a meal, it brings you out of ketosis, can loose you your strong frame of mind, and in many cases is the end of the diet (been there done that).. good luck with whatever you decide to do (my birthday is in two weeks, I am going to go shopping and buy some nice new clothes and shoes instead of the usual meal and wine xxx)

great advice above.

you say that your husband wants to take you out for a meal, do you want to go out for a meal? it is your birthday, and yes of course its always nice to think of going out for a meal on your birthday, but considering the fall out from that (possible weight gain adn 4-5 days to get back into ketosis, the risk of stopping and returning to food etc) with that in mind, is the pleasure you would get worth the risk?

If you are not really fussed about a meal and would prefer to stay on LT, then the above suggestions are really good ones.

If you really want to go for a meal, and willing to take the risk - this is what I decided to do for my Hen night last week. I took a risk, had amazing self disciplne and am really proud of myself - but, it is a risk that only you can decide.

I went to Nando's and had a chicken salad (lemon and herb topping) with feta (med salad) and a few olives, diet coke and no alcohol. when I weighed myself the next day, I was pretty much the same weight as 3 days ago, so in effect, I undid 3 days hard work. for me it was worth it, as its the only time i'll have a hen night, and well birthdays come every year, even special ones come every ten years ;)

unless you have a strong resolve and good reasons, a good plan, can handle avoiding alcohol in the midst of temptation, as well as avoiding carbs etc, then its not worth the risk.

does your husband support your efforts? its easier if he does. if he has weight to lose maybe in return for you coming off - he will agree to starting it with you to suppport you? my OH started with me this time, and its tons easier.

if you think its too much temptation, buy shoes! ;)

have a great day either way. xx

My birthday is in 4 weeks and I've already told my partner that I won't be going out for a meal margareth - not worth the risk!

What we are doing instead is planning a big night out in November after I re-feed, when we both get really dressed up and go somewhere s****y, and I'm keeping my birthday money to buy a fabulous new dress for the fabulous new slim me.

Don't do it!

That word is s w a n k y by the way - nothing nasty!

My birthday is in 4 weeks and I've already told my partner that I won't be going out for a meal margareth - not worth the risk!

What we are doing instead is planning a big night out in November after I re-feed, when we both get really dressed up and go somewhere s****y, and I'm keeping my birthday money to buy a fabulous new dress for the fabulous new slim me.

Don't do it!

HAHAHAHAHA, that's class how it's deleted out that word !

While on LT last year I missed my birthday, easter, anniversary and both my kids' birthdays. I just felt that staying on LT was far more important and we could always celebrate after LT and go out for a nice meal then.

Your decision obviously but if you don't want to go for a meal don't but if you think you are strong enough to eat the meal then get straight back onboard the next day, do it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and have a great birthday!

While on LT last year I missed my birthday, easter, anniversary and both my kids' birthdays. I just felt that staying on LT was far more important and we could always celebrate after LT and go out for a nice meal then.

Your decision obviously but if you don't want to go for a meal don't but if you think you are strong enough to eat the meal then get straight back onboard the next day, do it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and have a great birthday!

My next milestone will be a lads weekend away with over Halloween to Liverpool. I'm concentrating solely on LT up until about a fortnight before that if I can. 10 weeks is absolutely no time in the grand scheme of things really.

Good for you BigS. You will lose so much in 10 weeks and feel like a different person!!

I think you are being really sensible to refeed for 2 weeks, makes all the difference I think.

It's also nice to have something to aim for, bet you can't wait!

Good for you BigS. You will lose so much in 10 weeks and feel like a different person!!

I think you are being really sensible to refeed for 2 weeks, makes all the difference I think.

It's also nice to have something to aim for, bet you can't wait!

It's my 30th we're away for so if I can shift 3-4st for that I'll be happy, have my weekend then hopefully be in some sort of shape to allow me to start training.

WOO-HOO POST NUMBER 50 !

Well done on post no 50!!

What training are you going to start? Is it for a job or at the gym? Whatever it is you will probably lose about 3-4st in that amount of time as long as you stick to it 100%. The time really flies on LT too so don't go thinking 10 weeks will take forever, take it from me, that will fly by!

Well done on post no 50!!

What training are you going to start? Is it for a job or at the gym? Whatever it is you will probably lose about 3-4st in that amount of time as long as you stick to it 100%. The time really flies on LT too so don't go thinking 10 weeks will take forever, take it from me, that will fly by!

Gonna start shaping my guns. Don't wanna lose the weight and look a bit stretched so am gonna start doing some light weights, when the weight comes off I can start football again.

Good for you BigS. I've really got back into badminton this winter and have been really pleased with myself, I've been asked to play in a mixed team and ladies team in the leagues this year! Can't believe it! It's been over 20 years since I played but it all comes back. Absolutely loving playing again and that is one of my incentives to keep the weight off this time.

My hubby goes to the gym regularly and has really good muscle definition and shape now. Very hunky!! Lucky me!

Good for you BigS. I've really got back into badminton this winter and have been really pleased with myself, I've been asked to play in a mixed team and ladies team in the leagues this year! Can't believe it! It's been over 20 years since I played but it all comes back. Absolutely loving playing again and that is one of my incentives to keep the weight off this time.

My hubby goes to the gym regularly and has really good muscle definition and shape now. Very hunky!! Lucky me!

I've the body of a Greek God under here somewhere !

You star. You'll be so happy you stuck to your guns margareth. And you can always celebrate your birthday in some other special way. :D We're thinking of a concert. ;) (Why, what were you thinking of?)

Back