I need to have a rant!

melissa87

Arrrghhh I am so annoyed at myself!

Basically I applied for this internal job at work, because my manager asked me to.

I would never have applied for it normally as I didn't think I had the skills to do it, and it wasn't really a job i wanted to do.

But then after talking it over with my boyfriend, we decided it was more money etc than i am on now, guaranteed full time hours etc, which is what I need coming out of uni in a month!

Any ways went to my interview, all went well etc.

Got a call today to say that I didn't get the job as i was just "pipped to the post" by someone with more experience than me!

I am now upset as I didn't get it, and if he hadn't asked me to apply I never would have and wouldn't now be upset!

I thought i kinda had it in the bag so had been making loadsa plans!

WHY ASK ME TO APPLY WHEN HE KNOWS FULL WELL HE WASN'T GOING TO GIVE IT TO ME!

I am now in work with a face like a slapped a***!

And to top it all off, I have just eaten half a packed of chocolate digestives! So thats my weight loss gone out of the window!

Sorry I just needed a rant!!!!!!

Oh hun, thats pretty poo.. but atleast you know its a job youd like to do, and you had the courage to go for the interview and that is expierance in itself. Maybe he shouldnt have asked you to interview, but if there was someone else with more experiance.. then as a company they will have to chose that person for thier own benifit, but i personally think you'l have benifited from putting yourself out there and going for it, it means next time youl have a bit more courage to go after it and improve xxxxx

He even asked me in the interview, if I don't get the job and he can't give me full time hours now, what would i do? And i honestly answered that I would have to leave as I need full time hours.

So not even that would sway it which show they don't give a c*** whether I leave or not!
Never mind ey!

xx

Hmm.. i honestly dont see what this blokes intentions were, but either way you have to figure out whats right for you.. and forget the biscuits.. xxxxxxx

He even asked me in the interview, if I don't get the job and he can't give me full time hours now, what would i do? And i honestly answered that I would have to leave as I need full time hours.

Perhaps that's your answer - you aren't committed enough to the company...:confused:

Perhaps that's your answer - you aren't committed enough to the company...:confused:

No, I don't think that is the case, i applied for a full time position on another team in work and thats when he asked me to apply for the job on the team that I am on now cos he found out.

They all know that I am a struggling student, I have been asking for full time jobs since january.

Thanks for your thoughts tho!

I just mean that maybe that's what he thinks. I understand your need for full time hours, but sometimes bosses don't - they just look for company loyalty.

I just mean that maybe that's what he thinks. I understand your need for full time hours, but sometimes bosses don't - they just look for company loyalty.

Never mind ey! I'm feeling better this morning! In work again! But at least I do have a job even if it is part time, a lot of people are struggling at the moment!

Just have to think positively!

I've had a couple of interviews this year where I've been a strong candidate but there was 'someone' just that better. Sometimes it feels worse than just being turned down.

Good luck with looking for full time work - everything crossed for you. xxx

Back