I need to know something!?

:confused::confused:Will have to think about this one. Maths has never been my strong point. But I think I was thinking along the lines of muscle beng more compact than fat like somebody said. Umm not that physics was my strong point either. :) So you could look thinner but weigh the same. Confusing or what!!

:confused::confused:Will have to think about this one. Maths has never been my strong point. But I think I was thinking along the lines of muscle beng more compact than fat like somebody said. Umm not that physics was my strong point either. :) So you could look thinner but weigh the same. Confusing or what!!

This is exactly right.

The very basic version: 5lbs of fat and 5lbs of fat weigh the same, but 5lb of fat takes up more space than 5lbs of muscle. So you can lose inches but not lose weight off your total due to working out because you've lost fat but gained the equivalent weight in muscle.

as i said first time round..... density! density is about the amount of room something takes up. 1lb of feathers will take up a lot more room than 1lb of stone! however, both weigh 1lb!

theres a really good picture somewhere on google that shows a pound of fat and a pound of muscle. exactly the same weight except the muscle takes up less space.

i will find it and post it up x

Back