I need to lose half my body weight :O

Don't panic Mrs! When I started out I had about 8 stone to lose, now I'm almost 3 stone down and still as motivated and determined! Just take it one small goal at a time and I am sure the time will fly past for you and in the process you will be re-training your body and mind to accept your new lifestyle which will ensure that you keep the weight off for good.

We all let ourselves go at some stage (some of us more than others) and you have made the biggest decision of your life by starting WW and doing something about it. So well done you!

Just stick with it and show yourself that you are in control now!

Keep us posted on your progress... - Gerry

I have to lose just under half my body weight now I am over half there just make small targets and the rest will follow :)

ah hun, i think the same all the time. But u will get there and it will be something that you will be really proud off when u show off all your 'before and after' photos. Just keep focused and never turn a lapse into a collapse. Are u doing it on your own or do u go to a meeting?

thanx guys. im just feeling miserable!
Weston - im doing it on my own. cant afford the meets etc I have all the info tho and i should be good coz i prepared myself for it a while back! Just seems like so much and i worry i wont make it! but im gonna be good.

well done to you all and thank you for the motivation. and next time I sound miserable smack me :p

I don't go to the meetings either, I think this site is a good way to support each other. I've known people who have lost alot of weight doing ww on their own so it just goes to show. Sophie x

I don't go to the meetings either, I think this site is a good way to support each other. I've known people who have lost alot of weight doing ww on their own so it just goes to show. Sophie x

I dont go to the meetings either, I think if your going 2 do it then you will with or without the meetings. my key tool is to say to ur self ur only cheating ur self at the end of the day hope this helps :)

I'm the same hun. Have just under 9 stone to lose. Agreed though, when written in front of your face like that it does kinda hit ya. But we are already on the right track with choosing to do something about it. The rest will surely follow in time :)

I have a lot to loss too, but i try not to think about how much or how long it will take me as it just gets me down. Your starting the Weight Watchers diet so your doing something to help yourself and before you know it you will have a stone gone, and you didnt have to starve yourself.

I wouldn't think of it in one big chunk like that hon try going at it a stone at a time thats the easiest thing to do and don't lose heart you don't need a meeting all of us here are in the same boat we all have our up and down days, and our i need a biscuit /bag of crisps/ pint of beer days it's just a case of thinking it went on a pound at a time and i dint notice so maybe if i don't stress keep to the plan and just get on with it will roll off just as easy.XXXXXXX either way chin up.

thanx guys. i have a big smile on my face and i will follow all that advice. i know i dont need the meetings coz i have a lot of support on here and at home and my husband is doing ww with me too... so thats a massive help.

Do you think its too high an aim to want to lose a stone by valentines day? Im not sure what the average is on ww.

have you had ur 1st weigh in yet?

Hi Mrs ( can't call you fatbum) your here making the changes so you are walking the first steps. The support and advise on here is excellent and sometimes knowing that you are not alone is a great comfort.
I do go to meetings but I need to have that each Monday to keep me focused but there is nothing to say that you can't get a similar thing in your life. Ask a close friend/ partner to help, set a WI day and they must come to your house same time each week and weigh you. If you know this is happening you are more likely to stay on track.
I wish you lots of luck and positive thoughts :D

have you had ur 1st weigh in yet?

nope! i weigh myself on a monday and this is my 1st week. fingers crossed

Hi Mrs ( can't call you fatbum) your here making the changes so you are walking the first steps. The support and advise on here is excellent and sometimes knowing that you are not alone is a great comfort.
I do go to meetings but I need to have that each Monday to keep me focused but there is nothing to say that you can't get a similar thing in your life. Ask a close friend/ partner to help, set a WI day and they must come to your house same time each week and weigh you. If you know this is happening you are more likely to stay on track.
I wish you lots of luck and positive thoughts :D

hey busybee. me and my husband are doing ww together so we weigh eachother. it helps alot coz we can stop eachother from cheating and stuff and he's always been my rock so i shouldnt go wrong.

Hi hon, I have lost very nearly half my body weight with ww and am now maintaining. Please feel free to msge me if I can help you at all. It CAN be done xxx

Hi hun,

I'm in the same situation EXACTLY as you. We have the same amount of weight to lose, and we started on the same day.

If you want we can do it together and encourage each other when we need it?

I'm getting married in 18 months, so I really don't have a choice but to stick to it.

Myself or someone here will always provide support when u need it.

Love Guen

Hi Mrsfatbum, I have only just started to i am finding it hard when i look at my friend and think I have got to loose HER O.M.G.
Why have I let it get so bad?
But we are doing something now so lets all suport each other.
So i am now sending you a hug with lots of love and good luck.

Hey chick, sending all my best wishes to you on your journey, how have you done this week food wise?

Why don't you start a diiary on the ww weightloss diary thread and post every day how you're feeling and what your eating to see how you get on, I find it helps me and get plenty of support and encouragement from lots of wonderful people...good luck hun with ur 1st w/i..x

Excellent support with your husband doing WW at the same time, fingers crossed for tomorrow's WI. :D

Back