I need to start eating properly

Chicky Noops

My little boy (3 in Jan) broke his femur (thigh bone) at soft play on Weds :cry: He's potted from thigh to foot and can barely sit up.

It's getting easier though but the pot will be on for a minimum of 4 weeks.

Since it happened, I've barely eaten and I know this is not good. I did lose 1.5lb last night at WI but I don't want to sabotage my hard work so far by just not eating.

It is weird as this kind of thing would normally make me scoff my face but I I have no interest in any food whatsoever and just keep nibbling bits here and there rather than having proper meals.

Bless his heart xxx It must have been a scare for you both xx

I would think there is a risk that not eating properly may show on the scales next week but it's an understandable reason for any gain.

I hope your little 'un is feeling on top of the world soon xx

I'm sorry about your little boy. Make sure you look after yourself though because you will need more strength than ever to lift him around in his POP. I would make sure that the small amount of food you are eating is nutritious so that every mouthful counts as doing you good. Hope these next 4 - 6 weeks whilst the POP is on goes quivkly and not too eventful. Take care xx

Thank you both. I made a salmon & spinach pasta yesterday as it's as much about cooking healthy and nutritious food for Fin so he can get better as well as feeding myself.

Hopefully each day will get easier and we'll get into a routine. I'm determined to have a proper SW day today and have started with branflakes, skimmed milk and a cup of tea but I really had to force it down.

Aww I know forceing food down yaself is as difficult as ignoring a craving, but as much as your not hungry he needs you at full strength for him! Poor little soul!! hope he gets better soon hun!

Back