• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Time to change but need help!

Hi guys, it's the start of a pretty significant weight loss journey for me - I'm so fed up with being unhappy about how I look and feeling desperate every time I have an event to attend or a works do to go to..and have nothing the wear that I look ok in (see...not even look good in...I'd settle for ok right now!).

I'm going to start a diary but I know from previous experience I really really need support and encouragement (and also I get momentum from supporting and encouraging others) so if you could possibly help me by posting and being there, I will do my best to do that same for others :)

I haven't even got on the scales in months. I must be around 220-230lbs...guessing from which clothes fit and which don't... 3 years ago, I went from 240lbs to 180lbs and felt fantastic so I know its possible but then I broke a bone in my foot and was unable to exercise until it healed 18 months later, plus some family crises...and straight back on the food again!

I'll start a diary but would be so so so grateful for any support. If I don't do something now whilst I have the motivation and energy, I am just going to spiral downwards and get to a point where I can't see that I can do anything.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 86kg C: 86kg G: 72kg BMI: 28.1 Loss: 0kg(0%)
All the best with your journey, by signing up here you've took the first step.

good luck, I will be watching your progress.

John

S: 20st13lb C: 17st0lb G: 14st0lb BMI: 36.2 Loss: 3st13lb(18.77%)
Good luck with your journey. Changes can be made. I've already lost 4st with slimming world. Change can be slow but worth it in the long run. I was the same as you. Nothing looks good in size 22. 16 looks better and I can't wait to be in even smaller sizes! Xx

Thanks guys - really appreciate the support. I started a diary and its really helping to keep me motivated and on the straight and narrow. I've lost 4 lbs so far in the last 10 days! Cobby - you are absolutely right, nothing looks good on size 20...any clothes just fall into the "best I can do at the moment.." catagory. I can't wait to get out some of my old size 18s, size 16s, size 14s...from storage - it will feel so great!

S: 20st0lb C: 16st10lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 33.6 Loss: 3st4lb(16.43%)
Hi there :) Can definitely relate to wanting to keep the momentum up ... I'm on here for a similar reason. On my own it's maybe a little too easy to just have a night off from the plan, or to give myself a break when something lousy comes up in life. This time I want to commit to doing things differently - so this mutual support and encouragement seems like a really good place to start.

Hope the diary's helping :)