I need your help PLEASE

Madison

Hi everyone,
I'm at my wits end. Hoping some of you lovely folk can give me some advice or helpful hints as I really don't know what to do or where to turn. I've posted a week or so ago explaining my diet history an the fact that I was low carbing for couple of years, then decided a few weeks back to change to WW which I did with great success. My problem is I went out last Sat night had way tooo much to drink, the munchies hit big time on Sun night. Basically they haven't stopped since. I would be way too embarrassed to tell anyone the amount of choc, crisps etc that I put away since Sunday. My skin has broken out big time and I'm on the verge of tears. I am due to the horrid time of month on Tuesday so that kind of explains the teariness (is that even a word!!) my work clothes don't fit and the worst part is as soon as I leave my desk at 5.30 I know exactly where I'm headed. Straight to the shop for choc. Yesterday I was nearly loosing my mind as to whether to go back to restart Atkins or continue on with WW. It seems to me that since I've started incorportating sweet things (even fruit) back to my diet I've completely gone off the rails. I've put on about a stone and half since mid September which was when I had the first sweet piece of food in a year and half (Dark choc when on hols) and If I keep going the way I am i'll be back to where I started 4 years ago, 4.5 stone heavier. I just don't know what's happened to me. My iron will has completely gone and it's as if someone totally different has overtaken my body and especially my brain. Sorry for long winded rant but as I said I don't know where to turn. Other people just don't get it. I've been to hypnotist to try sort out the binging issues before but to no avail. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.xx:cry:

Ah angel, that sounds so hard! I dont like things like Atkins cause you are depriving your body from things like carbs or choc so when theyre "allowed" your body goes crazy and craves them constantly. Why dont you try meringues or WW choc bars so you can satisfy the sweet craving but not go crazy?? There is no advice I can really give you, if you want to lose weight then you will, you are the one in power of your body and if its what you want you have to tell your head no and not buy the choc. It is really hard tho and I wish you all the luck in the world. Why dont you start off by only having one bar of choc a day and then gradually get to the stage where its a once a week treat?
(Crunchies are also good for 3.5 points)

Thanks smilerjen for your reply. I know your right bout Atkins and low carb diets in general. When on it originally and not bending the rules I was fine. As soon as the small treat of dark choc appeared I reckon my body and mind went into overdrive and I and green and blacks went to crazy town!! Am gonna seriously weigh up the pros and cons this evening and start afresh tomorrow. Totally agree with people who say WW is the best as you can eat everything aslong as you add up your points. Makes sense really. Thanks again for your help. I see from your profile you've done amazingly well Good for you. How much in total have you lost and how long did it take you?

No problem at all :) I have lost 91lb in total, started the September before last so has taken me 16 months but have a feeling I will put on a bit at xmas! You will make the decision that is right for you, ww is good as you dont crave anything cause everything is allowed which is good and I always fear that with Atkins, which you cant stay on for life, the craving problem will keep coming back! I only managed about a day on atkins! Its pasta and bread thats my downfall! lol

how are you today madison? its so hard when you want to loose weight but your mind wont let you! its took me from january to september to get in the right mindset and i was off and on ww all year without any success until i thought enough was enough!
i know your feeling miserable but i would suggest that you enjoy yourself over xmas, its a time for good food and enjoyment BUT you have to set a date in your mind that no matter what that IS the day your going to start WW, whether it be friday the 1st or monday the 4th or whatever day it is you like to wi on. once you set that date just keep saying it to yourself and dont feel guilty for eating the choccies over xmas cos you know come the day you've picked thats it.
when you have your day a few days before you start you should plan what exactly your going to eat and stick to it religiously, make sure there is some treats, or else you'll feel really deprived but you have to find a happy medium with the chocolate and why not have some if you can fit it into your points? take it one day at a time rather than thinking about the week ahead as i foudn that worked so much better for me and then before i knew it id clocked up a weeks worth of 100% days.
you can do this, tell yourself that rather than you cant do it! and just think this time next year what you'll be like!

sorry if ive rambled xx

hey madison - you sound very much an all or nothin person - same as me! i had lost 2 stone since having my baby in may but as soon as i thought - i think ive kicked my junk food habit, a little wont hurt, ive gone into complete overdrive and regained a stone :(
im starting back on my ww plan tomorrow and hope to start losng again! good luck!!!

Hi Mrsm2007 and clairem87. Thanks so much for your replies and advice. I'm doing so much better since Saturday thanks. Had some wine and cheese Friday night as the "final blow out" and very surprisingly indeed I felt great and was and still am totally back on track. Have decided im going to stick to WW whilst also trying to keep it low carb. I suppose like a version of the South Beach Diet but counting points. My out of control binging last week was def down to hormones and being off the cigarettes I think - hope!! It's amazing how crap you can feel after such an amount of sugar is pumped into your system, especially not being used to it after so long. Fingers crossed I'll be able to take and keep control especially over Christmas. You are both very right in what you say about it having to be set in your mind. I think for me it definitely is. As I say fingers crossed. I'm off now to buy Evening Primrose Oil for my hormones so hopefully that will help. Best of luck to you guys and thanks so much once again for your help and advice. It's soooo wonderful to know and feel that you are not alone with this (my) lifelong battle and quest. Happy Christmas and have happy holidays. xxxx

Hi Madison andwelcome.....glad to see that ur on track now...good luck.x

Back