I needed to come online before I eat even more!!!

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
I just totally consciously ate a grilled chicken breast with green beans... because I "didn't fancy" my last 2 shakes... I know it was stupid... but for some reason I don't feel guilty... (yep my rebellious child was screaming eat me eat me)

I am suffering with REALLY bad period pains... and its stressing me out because before I started LL I never even had periods!!! :sigh:

Just wanted to come and say Hi to everyone before I make a stupid decision again and eat something worse than that!!! (Although, I must say I don't actually want to, so that should help!)

How are we all today?! xx:rolleyes:

Hi Claire, I've got a stinking cold but ok apart x Look forward now and don't worry. At least you went for a healthy option which I know I probably wouldn't!!! Back to business tomorrow x

Hi Claire, I've got a stinking cold but ok apart x Look forward now and don't worry. At least you went for a healthy option which I know I probably wouldn't!!! Back to business tomorrow x

I just replied to your thread on the WeMitts board!!

No time like the present, I'm back to business right now :)

hi lighterlifeclaire - a wise choice to come on here rather than completely block out the chatter that is telling you to stop eating. Don't succumb to the "i have my period, must eat (chocolate)" chatter. It is a nice convenient voice but not necessarily the truth.

Hark at me saying don't succumb .... I'm not even back in abstinance following my holiday but I'm hoping you will be there with your support in whatever form you can provide it once I restart on Monday.

If you feel the desire overcoming you again, have one of the remaining packs and tell yourself that you may cheat again tomorrow but you aren't going to again tonight. And go to bed, if necessary.

Good luck to you

thought this was the best choice!!!

And in a way, i suppose why i don't feel guilty is because when i did have a period (which was like when I was at school!) I would eat 2/3 bars of chocolate!! So although I still turned to food, it wasn't half as bad!!!

I'm not going to bed because its not really facing reality... but I won't eat anything else today!! :D:D I can feel it in my bones!

good on you. you sound strong and that is all that matters. Don't think you have anything to worry about - it was just a temporary glitch. And you did make a good choice about what food to eat as well. All very sensible. Enjoy your night

Thanks dancing... you too x

Hi Claire I'm glad you got straight on here. As has been said you're good to have gone for the healthy option, good on you - I know I'd have gone for something bad :rolleyes:

You may find that the diet knocks your whole menstrual cycle for six and that you start having periods again now - mine used to be very irregular (once or twice a year) and now I have them monthly.

Hi Claire I'm glad you got straight on here. As has been said you're good to have gone for the healthy option, good on you - I know I'd have gone for something bad :rolleyes:

You may find that the diet knocks your whole menstrual cycle for six and that you start having periods again now - mine used to be very irregular (once or twice a year) and now I have them monthly.

Yeah... I had 1 period in 2 years!! then started LL and was on from weeks 2 to 4!!!!! and have just started again today :sigh: but have got the worse pain with it!!

I suppose its better if they are going to come bk... but now I don't miss them like I did!!!

So glad you came one here, I was wondering where you were, I was going to put out a "Where is lighterlifeclaire" if you didnt show up.

I agree with eveyone's posts so keep coming on and we will support you, we wont be able to cure you, only you can do that, but we will be here every step of the way.

Try out "Do it hour by hour thread", it really helped me when I was going off track.

ONCE AGAIN NICE TO SEE YOU BACK.

PS on a lighter note, I hope my periods dont come back - I am 60 next birthday.:eek: (Mind you I feel like 25 at the mo - and act 16 - oh well you cant have everything.)

Hello Claire .
How are you feeling today , well chicken is ok and veg , think just stay away from carrots cos of carbs but should not hurt . Oh no TOTM and now you have ... strange . The body is a puzzle at times . I'm sure you will keep on track !

Claire - I am not going to say - Oh well, never mind - it was only a bit of chicken etc etc

I don't think that sort of support is always helpful for a person doing an abstinent Programme.

What I would say is - congratulations on getting your periods back as that is great news in respect of a family in the future! Also keep your hand on your ha'penny luv as you DO become more fertile as you lose weight !

Now - this abstinence malarky.........just tune into your chatterbox and remind yourself that you chose to do abstinence......lapsing (on no matter what) will instigate feelings of failure and regret and before you know it a cycle is formed and new lapsing habits created.

I would advise that you look at what you will do next time you felt as you did prior to lapsing ( and you WILL get those feelings again). What actions can you take? What can you do differently? Set up some coping strategies so you can react when those sorts of thoughts and feeling loom out of nowhere next time.

:chores016:

Back