I really miss food!

Ali

Hello All,

Well I started on Monday and all is going well about from a roast chicken leg blip on Wednesday. So far I have lost 5 pounds which is just great in 4 days.

Today I am feeling a bit low, am missing food quite a lot but not hungry at all. I suppose it's because the weekend is coming up and that is normally food filled but I am keeping myself busy but working in my local pub on Sat night and Sunday, although Sat night is a party and there will be a buffet but I will just ignore!!

Any tips on how to stop myself feeling like this?

Oh and can anyone tell me how I put a ticker on to show my weight loss?

Ali
x

Hi there,

I did LL/CD for 20 weeks and can honestly say that there wasnt one single day that I didnt miss food!! The feeling does get easier to deal with the more you do it though.

'Eyes on the prize' - is what kept me going.

I kept visualising what would be at the end of the journey and now I am 2lbs off my goal I am sooooo glad that I kept going.

So....dont think about how your are feeling now. Think about how you will be feeling once your journey is over cos that feeling is soooo much better than you ever think it will be.....it makes the whole journey worth every minute.

Good luck and 'Eyes on the prize'

Giggly

Fisrt thing - well done for starting, it is a huge commitment to yourself by being on cd, you will feel the bebnfits real soon. I missed food, but don't torture yourself, make sure you drink loads and loads of water. When I started 11 weeks ago, I trained my brain to think that if I ate any food, it could end up killing me. I was doing it foe health reasons and that I owed to my body to do this.

Keep busy. Get on here as much as you can. Read a book, play a computer game. Also, once you are in ketosis, you should not feel hungry and you should have more energy. Keep in your head what you want to be. Buy an item of clothing that you plan to get into. This does work! Thats what I do. Keep drinking the water. Get water flavourings off your CDC and drink plenty of water.

Write a diary on how you feel, your ups and downs but make sure you write plenty of good times so you can go back and read them when you feel low. Also helps when you get your feelings out. Drink plenty of water.

Take up a hobbie, cardmaking, scrapbooking, art, painting, just to take your mind off and drink plenty of water.

I hope this has helped a little bit and well done again for starting your journey x:) :) AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER

Hey Ali, Im like you with a VLCD I always think food food food and how I miss it. It's natural, youve had it EVERY DAY for howmany years??? It would be crazy if anybody can say theyve never been tempted. The thing that keeps me going is thinking that this a a TEMPORY thing! Your not giving up food forever, just until your a healthy weight, and even better...once you are a healthy weight you dont have to feel guilty about what your eating. Hope I helped xxx

Hi Ali,

Yup, I reeeeeealy miss food too. I keep thinking about my fav chinese meal. and pizza.

But the trouble is, I'm saying to myself I can have these things when I've finished, but in reality if I do that I'll be back where I started again.

Must start dreaming of salad!!

MMMMmmmmmm, I am dreaming about salad leaves & cabbage! Oh and stemaed spinach! Yum Yum! LOL

hey hun

to get a ticker, if u click on mine it will take u to the page, and jus fill in te details and choose ya ticker :) then copy the code into ya signature

xxx

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the great advice! I am feeling a bit better although a little drained today so maybe I am coming down with something hope not!!

I really really want to lose this weight I am only 28 but started at 13.1 and am 5'6 so I wear a size 16 on the bottom and 14 on the top I used to be around 10 stone though and it's amazing over the years how your weight just creeps up and up, people are always amazed when I tell them my size because they say I dress well but I want to dress well in a size 12, not a 10 or an 8 just a nice comfy 12 will do me as I like my curves!

Giggly, you have done so well are you on the maintaince plan now? At the moment my goal is to lose 2 stone then is I lost another great if I am 11.1 then will give me a BMI of 25 but I think a BMI of 23 would be better. How long do you think it will take me to lose 2 stone? How is your relationship with food now?

Archantgirl, thanks for the water advice you are right I was a bit relaxed today sometimes it make me feel sick though drinking and peeing so much!

Lighterlifer, you are doing so well already thanks for the advice it helped I know I will be able to eat one day but I also do not want to go back to my old ways again!

Oh and dreaming of salad would be a good idea!!

Thanks for all the advice, sorry for the long post trying to keep myself busy!!

Oh how can I do the ticker thingy?

x

x

Thanks Stacey, where do I find my signature, god i am being thick I know it!

at the top of this page u ill find an option for quick links? under where it says ur name, then choose option for edit signature :)

xxx

Hey Ali, Im like you with a VLCD I always think food food food and how I miss it. It's natural, youve had it EVERY DAY for howmany years??? It would be crazy if anybody can say theyve never been tempted. The thing that keeps me going is thinking that this a a TEMPORY thing! Your not giving up food forever, just until your a healthy weight, and even better...once you are a healthy weight you dont have to feel guilty about what your eating. Hope I helped xxx

We shouldn't ever have to feel 'guilty' about what we eat (food is just food, neither good nor evil)but, sadly, we do. Such feelings are part of our psyche and may take years to fade.

However, once we reach a healthy weight we need to watch out. Dicing with 'real food' can be Russian Roulette for compulsive overeaters. We can NEVER return to eating the way we used to. That way lies utter disaster. The weight will come back, fast, and our morale will plummet.

The difficult thing is to control type and portion of food, as the maintainers, I'm sure, will tell you. Maintaining weight loss is way harder than losing.

But it can be done!

I agree that's how we got here by eating badly one way or another! I don't want to go back that way I think tht once I get to my target I will follow the 80/20 rule, but 20 naughty not 80!!

I have been reading my book and am wondering whether or not to go onto 790 at least then I could have milk in my tea which I miss and a small meal in the evening.

Does anyone know what the losses are like on 790 or is anyone currently on it?

Ali

xx

Back