i saw the bloke from here who has lost loads in a mag

did they do anything constructive like actually say it was a VLCD that helped lose the weight and that you dont automatically put it all back on again (well only if you eat like you did before!) because it would be really good if the everyday media understood that VLCD work and are not dangerous if followed properly

oh by the way, fantastic weight loss and excellent that you are helping others through NLP

sounds like you have a mighty fine woman on your arm there mike!! and she a mighty fine chap!! working through problems is so much harder than pretending that they don't exist. and you have even more of my respect (not that you need it, but it is there) than you had before for managing to do this.

hat off to you :)

abz xx

Thanks and thanks to all of you.

I am a very lucky guy to have Jo.

We let our marriage go very stale and became best mates and Mum and Dad and forgot that we were still husband and wife, now we are lucky to be all three again :)

M.

Mike... you are one of a handfull of people that I have come across that a VLCD has ACTUALLY worked for you totally! You have lost the weight, dealt with the issues and are now living your life.... if I had a hat I would take it off to ya!!!

Just be carefull who you give your story to.... not everyone will understand what you have been through and I suppose sensationalising a story such as yours is very bloody easy!!!

Respect to you and your lovely wife for coming out the other side.

Gen

Been looking at this thread for a bit and thinking will I or won't I post. But thought sod it girl just put down whats in yer head. I think you are one amazing person Mike. I've read through all of your diary and you have had a long tough journey and came out the other side and survived. Just really inspires me.

is it weird that i got tears in my eyes reading ur "true" story!
it was so open and honest i think id prefer to read that than the article!! u have obviously been through so much already, and for u to talk openly about it and then it to be turned on its ear is really sad.

u have come through so much and def are a big inspiration to people.
well done xxx

Hey Mike

I'm fairly new on here so like Janey wasn't sure whether to post or not, I don't know you as well as some others but I decided I just wanted to say what an amazing guy I think you are.

I can only echo what everyone else has already said & wish you & Jo all the love & luck in the world for your future.

Loads of :hug99: & carry on the good work. x x

I would'nt just accept an apology from them, if they've hurt your reputation they should pay for it. All the same, great loss and fab gain!

Mike I think you are a very brave and decent person, you have shared so much with us so we can relate to it and know there is a way through crap that life throws at us. I for one am proud to say I "know" you even if it is only on here. A true inspiration...xx

Hi Mike,
I am not interested in buying or reading such an article when it isn't the truth! Can you tell us when your book is coming out? :)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I am happy (ish!) to say that the press complaints commission are taking the case up for me and will be asking the magazine why they changed the story.

The book is coming along very well and looking at publishing it in around February / March next year, it will be self published so I can be sure that the content is actually mine and then I can tell the full story and also talk about weight maintenance which is my true passion.

Thanks

M.

so glad to hear it mike. and i think you'll have a queue for your book on mini's when it come out :D

abz xx

As long as Mini is ok with it I intend to mention the site in the foreword as I found this site and discovery health an absolutely oasis of support when I needed it a couple of years ago.

I've been sat here close to tears reading this thread. I only looked in on it out of nosiness and what I got was a wake up call. As much as I tell myself that losing the weight does not guarantee happiness; as much as I can say the words 'I'll still be me just a slimmer me' I dont think its ever truly sunk in that I have other issues to deal with -issues that have lead me to this point.
I've also been relying almost entirely on LT to 'cure' me.

I've fallen off the wagon again and was going to steer clear of minimins because I feel that I've not only let myself down but also everyone here who have been amazingly supportive and encouraging. All day I'v felt so cr4p thinking 'will I ever get going again? How am I going to do this properly? How can I go on Minimins and encourage others when I am so weak myself?'

The last time I broke Medea asked me to look at why I did it -and I had a quick peek, then ran off scared. Let's gloss over actual issues and call it 'comfort eating' kind of thing. Seeing how honest Mike has been (and thank you thank you thank you Mike!!!) and how close he came to losing it all -to jepardising his true happiness -DESPITE HAVING LOST EXCESS WEIGHT- has really left me quite shaken.

I have to stop playing with my meds (depression & social anxiety/panic attacks bla). I need to go back to CBT and focus on my mental health as seriously as I do on my physical health. I feel so ashamed and embarrassed and more than a little petrified right now because there are doors I dont really want re-opened here. But I want to learn from Mike's experience and not come close to rock bottom -I want to side step the breakdown and TRULY sort myself out.

I have a beautiful life. I have a beautiful and wonderful family and I want to enjoy them as much as I can -whatever weight I am. Also -sorry for the giant post. :(

Thank you mike -and I wish you all the very best.
oxo

If I can help BR then mail me directly for a chat

Mike

For me I was absolutely living my life based on my past, talking about what I didn't want and the problems I had.

So it is all about what you want and not what you don't want.

I had a lot of problems in my past but then again we all have had so for me it is about living today and then shaping the future, the past is just that for me...it's the past!

M.

Back