I still can't drink coffee-I want something HOT!

The bullion will be fine and won't kick you out of ketosis. I used it loads when on Lighter Life. Was just about to say be careful though due to the salt content and water retention, but then read you can now buy a low sodium version. I may look for that :)

xx

Yes i wasnt sure which one to go for but it said organic and low salt so i got it and it is lovely and hasnt affected ketosis ive been drinking loads as its been keeping my hands warm lol in these freezing days.

I remember people took the Bullion last time i did LT too, so if it's been going around for 2 years and no ones made any major complaints then i'm sure its fine. I think its good to have something to fall back on wen u need that savoury fix, better than a pizza or sumthin.

Try Clearspring Miso soup, it's like a bouillon, has 28 calories per sachet, 1.5g of carbs and 0.8g of sodium. Really tasty and warming. It's actually Japanese and you don't see many of them with a weight problem!

As I've mentioned on my Blog, I've tried a couple of things in order to try and stick to tfr, one is to mix and match with a couple of products from other tfr ranges (I've tried Exante and Be-YU both of which are really nice) and to have the odd diet coke and use a low-calorie squash in order to manage to get the water down! I have gleaned from other forums that diet zero has no citric acid whereas diet coke has so I'm going to pick up the former when I shop later.

It may well have slowed my weight loss by a lb or two but without it I really wouldn't be able to get water down or take
extra medication when I need to. TBH I'm willing to sacrifice the odd lb a week if my little tweaks to the diet help me stick to it in the longer term........

I realise that I'm not playing by the rules but TBH I never have, I've always been a bit of a rebel!:D

Try Clearspring Miso soup, it's like a bouillon, has 28 calories per sachet, 1.5g of carbs and 0.8g of sodium. Really tasty and warming. It's actually Japanese and you don't see many of them with a weight problem!

As I've mentioned on my Blog, I've tried a couple of things in order to try and stick to tfr, one is to mix and match with a couple of products from other tfr ranges (I've tried Exante and Be-YU both of which are really nice) and to have the odd diet coke and use a low-calorie squash in order to manage to get the water down! I have gleaned from other forums that diet zero has no citric acid whereas diet coke has so I'm going to pick up the former when I shop later.

It may well have slowed my weight loss by a lb or two but without it I really wouldn't be able to get water down or take
extra medication when I need to. TBH I'm willing to sacrifice the odd lb a week if my little tweaks to the diet help me stick to it in the longer term........

I realise that I'm not playing by the rules but TBH I never have, I've always been a bit of a rebel!:D

I do very similar. But i have to fit in with what i know i can follow. i did very strict vlcd 4 years ago just shakes & black coffee nothing else i got to the add a meal week and went nuts! i only managed to stay the course 2 years ago because i supplemented with cheese, chicken, fish etc. it's such a balance.

i will continue to have the odd glasses of diet coke (with citric if thats all i can find) & will continue to gulp down lemon and ginger because its what keeps me going. I respect that others need to stick to things ridgidly. I am fully aware that i may be sacrificing losing less weight & for this journey to take a little longer, but i really understand now what i can do over the long term.

I know that there is danger in going off plan completely, but i have to have a little lee way or i would throw the towel in

Personally I'd avoid anything with citric acid due to the risk of losing ketosis, but I am happy to add in the bullion and also use a water flavour from Kee Diet. This is a powder water flavour in apple and blackcurrant and is the same as the water flavourings LL and Cambridge produce.

xx

hi everyone just to confirm i spoke to exante its perfectly fine to have the boullion drink they said it wont affect your ketosis or loss at all but personally i would recommend the low salt.

Ooo, where can i get this bullion from?? sounds lovely!! ;) x

Most supermarkets sell it. It's usually by the stock cubes and comes in a little tub :)

I got mine today in Sainsburys Lisa x x

I was hoping that since i have had nothing but shakes and water for 3 weeks that my taste buds would have changed, so today i tried black coffee, no sugar (I used to have white coffee with 1 sugar).. It was rank!!!!

I can't stand sweeteners either.. they taste so artificial..

I don't like peppermint tea, roobush (sp), green or raspberry tea..

Does anyone else have this problem? Can anyone suggest something i could try just to have a hot drink... pleaseeee??
Rasberry tea is a big no NO NO but any and all green leaf teas are fine to have as they are the ones that won't knock you out of ketosis.
As for sweetners I personally find Tate & Lyle tablet sweetners don't taste artificial I find it tastes alot closer to demara sugar (I'm not a fan to white). Finally going onto coffee its best to drink decaff as you don't retain fluid.

Hope this helps.

weight.png

Thank you Chiku.. I thought we could have raspberry leaf tea??!!

I might try the Tate & Lyle ones.. I have hermesetas, and they are awful!!

I have decaff already, but will try new sweeteners x x

It's strange I usually drink my coffee white with one sugar, but black I detest it sweetened. Tea I drink white with no sugar, but can't bear it black. Love green tea. Hate peppermint tea, unless it's added to a choc shake! :) xx

It's my pleasure and if you have any questions on the topic give me a shout as ever since I started plus the two months prior I did an awful lot of research aswell as making a ton of phone calls to the Howard Group and now they know me on a first name basis sad I know but hey it had to be done. Oh and as of this morning I have now lost 2stone odd and am on 15st precise which I'm chuffed to bits about's and had to share my good news:D

weight.png

Goal 1 = to hit 16st exact done:D
Goal 2 = " " 15st " done:D
Goal 3 = " " 14st "
Goal 4 = " " 13st "
Goal 5 = " " 12st "
Goal 6 = " " 11st "
Goal 7 = " " 10st "
Goal 8 = " " 9st 7lbs refeed and maintain
Goal 9 = pass my Theory Test
Finish Line = learn to drive and pass my Practical

Last edited:
Su, did you like the bullion? I ordinarily use the regular version of it, and went out today and got the lower salt, organic version. It was yuk! lol. Back to regular for me (not that much difference in salt content when you compare, but carbs are a bit lower), and just one cup a day ;)

xx

ive got the low salt one and for me it tastes delicious but i havnt tried the original one yet and ive heard quite a few people say the low salt ones yuk so probably compared it is im lucky i chose that one first lol.

Me too Spyro.. I chose the reduced salt option, and i love it!!

Jayne.. As you have had both, is there much difference in taste? x x

Yep, I can really taste a difference and in fact I can't even bear a second cup of the low salt version lol I think if maybe I'd had it first it may have been different, but I didn't realise it existed and so always used the regular one, which I think is really yum :)

xx

Back