I think I'm going about it all wrong

fat_2_fabulous

Silver Member
Ok so I been looking through all the threads and I've learnt that I'm not meant to have Pepsi max or powdered sweetener. Ive been having a bottle of Pepsi max every day and though I normally use the tablet sweeteners I have used the powered stuff a couple of times. I'm hoping that it won't affect my first weigh in tomorrow as at the end of the day it's a shock to the system and I'm hoping I will lose weight as I havent ate in a week. My biggest concern is the Pepsi max tho! Any one else drank it without problems?

Thanks guys x

pepsi max has citric acid in so knocks you out of ketosis. Your better off drinking coke zero and weening yourself off fizzy.

Powdered sweetner can have almost as many carbs in as sugar.

It won't affect it big time but has probably stopped you getting in to ketosis x

Mmmm, pepsi max....

Now, this is a bit of a sticky issue. Some people will tell you they have had coke zero and have still lost the lbs and others will tell you to stay away from the stuff.

Personally, I stick to whats written in the book e.g water & nothing but (with some green tea shoved in for good measure) its a proven way of this diet working and its worked for me as well.

I would try & wean yourself off of the fizz, you will feel better for it once you have given it up. You are probably affecting yourself getting into ketosis as well by drinking it.

I have been using the tablet sweeteners when I really need them - e.g. coffee. But apart from that, trying to go without as much as possible. If you are desperate for sweetener and have no other choice but powdered, then go for it, one lot isn't going to hurt, but don't use it as a rule. :)

my favourite cold drink is pepsi max
have stayed clear off all fizzy even the coke zero stuff
water is so bland so i understand why you drank the pepsi but i still think you`ll have lost some lbs due to the fact you haven`t eaten
this diet is so damn hard and restricting but the results really are amazing
you an do this :D

kaz:)

Your allowed diet drinks on step 2 up x

The thing that puts me off diet drinks is the aspartame. I avoid it like the plague, always have, always will. Look it up on youtube if you don't want to drink diet juice again.

Back