Back once again heavier but happier!

Lemai

Silver Member
Hello lovelies!

Whoever this reaches; I hope you are doing well!

I was so active on this site many years ago when I lost a good bit of weight with WW and it was such a good help for me.

I'm back, bigger than ever but I'm in a better place than I was all those years ago.

I'm trying exante to kick start my weight loss and I'm not going to lie... I'm struggling. The tummy rumbles and hunger pangs are getting to me.
Exante seemed like a good choice as I am having a few health issues and I would like to reverse some of the effects this weight I've been carrying around is having on my body.

Back to exante!
I was alright until I actually started eating and then 2 hours later all I could think about was fooooood! Work is a great distraction but the prospect of weekend is scaring me!

So I came back to my old friend minimins for some well needed motivation / inspiration.

Approx. 800 calories a day
Day 1
B: Banana shake
L: Chocolate coconut bar
D: 202 calorie dinner consisting or rice, kidney beans and quorn mince (was tasty)
Chocolate shake
3x coffee with sweetener.
Glass of Pepsi max.
2L water.

I feel less bloated than I normally do and more alert. Headache is ripping through me sooooo. A book and bed and bless my other half he ate something he knew I'd hate for tea so that I wouldn't be envious.

Roll on tomorrow!
Good night my lovelies and its good to be back.

Lemon pancakes were surprisingly good!
I'm not a great lover of shakes I get very bawky over the same texture and taste.
I feel lighter already. Could be in imagination but hey I'm running with it!
Happy Saturday folks x

Saturday
Day 2

Approx 800kcals a day:
B: Lemon pancakes (YUUUUMMM)
L: Indian style curry
D: 100g chicken (165kcal) 148g broccoli (50kcal) 100g peas (81kcal) 100g sweet potato (86kcal) 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce (27kcal) 409kcal total
x3 coffees

I substituted a meal replacement with a meal and I really enjoyed it. I'm obsessed with broccoli. Its my favourite veg. No problems there.

I have noticed that my tummy is very rumbly after I drink or eat an exante meal replacement...anyone else getting this!?

I definitely feel less bloated that I did when I started this on Friday. I'm looking forward to weighing in. I never thought I'd be saying that again. Whenever I saw the scales I would nearly scowl!

Sunday
Day 3

Approx. 800kcals a day:
B: Gingerbread shake
L: Cookies and cream bar
D: 100g salmon (208kcal) 148g broccoli (50kcal) 100g whole wheat pasta (131kcal) 389kcal total
x3 coffees

Over the weekend is when I struggle the most with food so I've decided to not deny myself the home cooked stuff that I really enjoy.

Monday
Day 4

Approx. 800kcals a day:

B: Gingerbread shake (they are REALLY good IMO)
L: Red thai chicken soup
D: Rice, kidney beans and quorn mince with lots of spices 200kcal total
S: Chocolate caramel bar
x1 coffee 1x pepsi max 1x fruity tea from Aldi

I have my day planned already and I will stick to it.

I'm not going to lie... I am hungry and I struggle with water in take but I am definitely trying to keep on top of it.

I've ordered a few more lemon pancakes / gingerbread / forest fruits (the new shake) / caramel frappe from exante this morning before work.

Hope everyone has a great week. Happy Monday x

Oh hi there :) glad to have a pal on the journey! Are you trying exante too?
No exante for me, I’m just calorie counting. However I used to use this forum years ago and think it really helped me!

It’s good to have people checking in, definitely helps with the accountability!

I didn't realise that the main premise of exante was to get into ketosis. Obviously I have been eating carbs...Need to change that. Lordy!

For sure :)
How are you getting on?

Ok, not 100% in the mindset yet. I’m pushing myself to go to the gym more, and really trying with the food, however I’m a foodie and emotional eater - two things that really dont mix well with dieting! Taking it one day at a time!

what about you?

Ok, not 100% in the mindset yet. I’m pushing myself to go to the gym more, and really trying with the food, however I’m a foodie and emotional eater - two things that really dont mix well with dieting! Taking it one day at a time!

what about you?
Oh same as you, emotional eater and foodie to beat the band. I don't exercise at all bar walking the dog. I have zero motivation to join a gym.

I find it really hard to find a gym I like..I like men’s muscle gyms. Which can be really intimidating, however I go with a personal trainer twice a week (female) which helped me adjust.

Just has a look at exante, might give it a go while the other half is away- how are you finding it?

It's actually not too bad. I am not too fond of the bars BUT if you like protein bars they are very similar to those.
I will suggest an exante box, I think they do 1, 2 and 4 week boxes and if it doesn't work out their macros are alright so you could substitute one meal a day with an exante product so they aren't going to waste maybe?

I eat protein bars daily..an expensive habit really. Should just have a bar of chocolate and some higher protein content yogurt - but I’m funny with yogurt. Really have to be in the mood for it!
Yes was having a look at those today, however all the new year new me stuff is costing me a fortune. So don’t want to fork out for something I’ll not use, will have a think over next few days - will see how I get on with the cal counting! I imagine all I would think about it food! However that’s how I am now - the tracking just has it in my head 24/7! But needs must and all that!

I eat protein bars daily..an expensive habit really. Should just have a bar of chocolate and some higher protein content yogurt - but I’m funny with yogurt. Really have to be in the mood for it!
Yes was having a look at those today, however all the new year new me stuff is costing me a fortune. So don’t want to fork out for something I’ll not use, will have a think over next few days - will see how I get on with the cal counting! I imagine all I would think about it food! However that’s how I am now - the tracking just has it in my head 24/7! But needs must and all that!
I know it's all consuming. I'm with you on the yoghurt front! I think that's why I kind of struggle with the shakes all the time because it reminds me of yogs.
Anyways! I'm feeling super sluggish today, didn't sleep great and not feeling hungry at all but it doesn't feel great.
The weather is atrocious here as well so that's probably not helping.

I really don't want to have a shake because I know the hunger will kick in after I have it!

I'm a whinge today sorry 😂

Approx. 800kcals a day

B: Cherries and berries shake
L: Strawberry shake

Appetite and mood is low today. Could be weather...
Will update what I have later on.

Happy Tuesday folks, hope today is well x

D: Peri peri chicken, turnip, carrots, minted peas and broccoli. 350kcal total.

I'm headed to bed early hence the 350kcal meal.

Also I weighed in, something I don't nory do before weigh in day. Down 5lbs 👍🏻

I had a day off today.

I was getting a tattoo piece done all day today and I knew I would need some sugar in the middle of it.

I had an exante chocolate caramel bar this morning. A bottle of coke at the tattoo parlour and a chicken and salad wrap right after as I was feeling woozy.
Exante Thai soup when I got home and a cup of tea.
Weigh in on Friday. Hopefully I'm still on the right track.
Happy Wednesday all x

Breakfast
Exante porridge oats

Lunch
Exante toffee caramel shake

Dinner
Chilli con carne by nutriquick. Ideal macros and 350kcals.

I didn't get a chance to weigh in this morning.

Breakfast
Exante lemon pancakes 200kcal

Lunch
Exante double chocolate bar 200kcal

Dinner
Chicken, turnip, parsnip, carrot and potato 300kcal

I'll weigh in tomorrow a.m.

Enjoy the weekend folks x

Back