I think I'm overthinking this...

tryingtolose

Hi all!

I started SW about 4 weeks ago and I've been losing very very slowly! The first week it was only 0.5kg, the second only 0.3kg and the third I didn't do SW at all because I was back home with my parents and gained 0.3kg back. But I was back on track as soon as I returned from the trip (and happily surprised that I only had a 0.3kg gain!).
So, normally I weigh in on Monday mornings and then I change my stats here etc. But I weighed this morning, just out of curiosity and I've already lost 0.6kg this week and the week isn't over yet. I know that it might just be water getting out and I try not to get THAT excited about it, but this morning as I was going to work, I couldn't help but visualize what it would be like [STRIKE]if[/STRIKE] when I actually made it to my goal weight.
I think I might be over-thinking this! It's not very good to get excited like this, just in case something goes wrong...!

Sorry if this post wasn't very interesting for everyone, I just wanted to vent a bit!

I'm guilty of over thinking a lot of the time, with everything in life not just SW! I think it is best to get away from having sneak peeks because we do fluctuate so much at different times of the day and from day to day. If I weigh in daily I tend to show a big loss after the weekend but then a but seems to go on. This is probably because I never drink as much water at weekends!

My advice would be to get in the habit of only weighing in class, it's the best way to get a true idea of your weight loss, it will be more exciting and you'll start to not hang off of every result from the scales!

Last week I managed only one sneak peek, this week I'm going for zero!!

I am a serial weigher even though I know I shouldn't weigh every day. To wean yourself off weighing too often why not try only weighing one day a week at home say Fridays if your official weighin is Monday.

Last edited:
I weigh everyday or most days anyway and take if from me what you see now probably won't be what you see on WI day. I can weigh everyday up until WI and never lose and lose on WI, or gain all week, lose at weigh in or indeed show a loss in the week but sts or gain at WI. It's a vicious cycle, your body doesn't know you are weighing everyday it does what it likes on a day to day, hour to hour basis. So don't get your hopes up, you are showing a nice loss now but whether you get that by WI is anyones guess, you could lose more than that, but you could also lose less.

Ally89 said:
I weigh everyday or most days anyway and take if from me what you see now probably won't be what you see on WI day. I can weigh everyday up until WI and never lose and lose on WI, or gain all week, lose at weigh in or indeed show a loss in the week but sts or gain at WI. It's a vicious cycle, your body doesn't know you are weighing everyday it does what it likes on a day to day, hour to hour basis. So don't get your hopes up, you are showing a nice loss now but whether you get that by WI is anyones guess, you could lose more than that, but you could also lose less.

You've actually just given me some form of hope as my scales are being #%^*~ this week!

Jenna.

You are doing incredibly well according to your stats. I have been following SW for a year and haven't lost anything like the amount that you have. My problem is that I lose a pound or three and then go on holiday and put on five. I sound as if I'm ungrateful for the hols. I'm not as I love traveling and seeing the world. I just wish I could pick the menus to be more SW friendly. I weigh most days and if I've gained it makes me try harder.

Last edited:
Back