I thought I might have been ready...

tazzy21

for a late night shopping trip and resisting temptation but I wasn't :(. I Binged when I got home despite making much more sensible options than I used to make (I would have gone for a toffee sundae and duck spring rolls). Instead I went for quorn savoury eggs with a salad and light salad cream. Then somehow a thorntons brownie bite and a milkyway ended up passing my lips.

I went with my mum who is such a bad influence, suggesting bad things such as 'curly fries', 'cheese topped rolls' and 'toffee cakes' along the way. I managed to resist those at least!

Everytime I go in the supermarket I look for the new SW magazine and its still not there :(

Back on track as from now though!

Sorry for moaning on! Thanks for reading,

Tazzy xx

While you went off plan, its sounds like it could have been a lot worse, so as everyone keeps telling me, draw a line under it and focus on tomorrow instead.
ps The oct sw mag says the nov mag is out 20 Oct in groups so you may be waiting bit for Nov mag (or is it the oct one your after)

My c has told us the mag will be out in group but my next wi which is Thursday so should in theory be in the shops next week!

thanks for your replies :)

It is the Nov one I'm after, seems like ages since I had the October one! Hopefully not long to wait now for the new one!

Tazzy x

Oh wasn't too disasterous :)

Me too Im looking forward to the new mag need a bit of inspiration I think as you can see from my ticker I'm not doing fantasticly :(

Malibu xx

I think the new one is in group tonight because my C posted the cover on facbook and was like 'make sure you all come to goup'

The SW mag doesn't come out each month, it comes out every two months and there is a mag which has just come out which is available in the shops.

Back to the shopping; if your mum is always a bad influence and you always go shopping with her go round the shop yourself & don't walk with her that way you can't be tempted with foods which have far too many syns in them.

If you usually have something to eat when you get in either, save your syns so you can have those yummy treats you want, make some, low syn, yummy treat for when you return, or eat before you go so you are not too hungry when you return.

If the shopping trip went as it usually has, eg, mum suggesting nice treats, nice treats after shop, this is a habit you have got into & the best way to change a habit is to start another one. Which I have tried to suggest above.;)

Well done for chosing low syn options when you came home, have you worked out the syns yet? Are they within your weekly allowance.

Personally I'm not into the 'draw a line under it' group, I like to 'own' up to what I've done, it keeps me in control:rolleyes:

The SW mag doesn't come out each month, it comes out every two months and there is a mag which has just come out which is available in the shops.

Back to the shopping; if your mum is always a bad influence and you always go shopping with her go round the shop yourself & don't walk with her that way you can't be tempted with foods which have far too many syns in them.

If you usually have something to eat when you get in either, save your syns so you can have those yummy treats you want, make some, low syn, yummy treat for when you return, or eat before you go so you are not too hungry when you return.

If the shopping trip went as it usually has, eg, mum suggesting nice treats, nice treats after shop, this is a habit you have got into & the best way to change a habit is to start another one. Which I have tried to suggest above.;)

Well done for chosing low syn options when you came home, have you worked out the syns yet? Are they within your weekly allowance.

Personally I'm not into the 'draw a line under it' group, I like to 'own' up to what I've done, it keeps me in control:rolleyes:

Thanks for the suggestions :) It is about finding new habits and sticking to them, might take me a while as it took me years to develop the bad ones initially! I think the low syn option when I come home is a good idea, or just a bit more self control to say 'no' to things... another important habit for me to work on!

As with the drawing a line under things, I will do it occasionally as it helps me not to feel like a complete failure and eat coz I feel bad etc.. However i can see your reasoning for not doing it... I seemed to be 'drawing a line' most days in the past few months...not good!

Tazzy x

I Binged when I got home despite making much more sensible options than I used to make (I would have gone for a toffee sundae and duck spring rolls). Instead I went for quorn savoury eggs with a salad and light salad cream. Then somehow a thorntons brownie bite and a milkyway ended up passing my lips.

I wish I could 'binge' on Quorn and salad!
You did fantastically well, so don't fret! 1 meal of out 21 is not going to have a huge impact.

Draw a line under it and move on - Tomorrow is a new day xx

The draw a line under it, is not self justification its just a case of not giving yourself a really hard time of it (for a lot of us, giving ourselves hard time has resulted in us comfort eating therein adding to the problem). In this case, its happened now, you can't change it so just move on.

As for the mag - was happy to see the Nov / Dec one is in groups NOW!!! not sure when in shops though.

Back