Extra Easy I understand this but ................................

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by alioreilly, 21 June 2011 Social URL.

1. alioreilly

alioreilly Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    "The 1/3 superfree food is important and not optional on EE. The SW guidance says that you must fill 1/3 of your plate with superfree, not that it's better if you do, or you'll have better losses if you do - the 1/3 superfree is an integral part of the EE plan and is the key to making it work."

If you are having meals like a casserole or stir fry, I do use veg in them but can't guarantee that its strictly 1/3 of my meal, will this still be ok?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. susieqt

susieqt Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(16.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    side salad? side order of superfree veg? nice fresh fruit dessert? I err on the side of caution so usually have a bit more than 1/3 of the total meal as superfree fruit/veg

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I suppose it depends what your portion control is like and how much weight you have to lose. If you are larger you can get away more with larger portion sizes because your body needs more calories to function. As you get smaller you may not be able to get away with over-sized portions any more and that is where the superfree foods become important because they limit your intake of free foods.

5. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    And is it a third in volume or weight??!! If volume, cooked or raw?? These questions have tormented me at times. I'm with the prev poster though - if in doubt, go for more veggies.

6. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can always look at it before it's cooked, put it on a baking tray and make sure that 1/3 of the tray is superfree, (easier to measure on a rectangle tray I reckon). You may be pleasantly surprised that your casserole is more than 1/3 superfree! But to be on the safe side steam some broccoli for on the side.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.