I`ve fecked up my refeed :'(((

I`m on day 4 and it said on the sheet to have a sandwich as a snack in the eve...

I didn`t have a snack, But had some bread in my evening meal.

I can now feel my hands tingling and swelling :cry::cry::cry:

I was dreading adding carbs :cry::cry:

I`m expecting a HUGE gain now :(

I seemed to be ok with the jacket potato but the bread has tipped me over the edge :cry::cry::cry:

If I do loads of exercise, Do you think I can counteract the bread??

This is why I didn`t want to eat carbs again :(

/whinge whinge whinge

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Oh Sacred....my heart goes out to you...you really are scared and worrying yourself to death almost!

Listen, you need to follow the refeed to the letter...I see you havent been on for a week and I do hope that you havent just given up.

You seem so hard on yourself and you will never win if you keep bringing yourself down all the time.

I too have an absolute fear of carbs, BUT, I am learning that CUTTING OUT a group of food is not good when you are trying to be sensible and healthy.

Now, this is either all in your head about carbs, or you have a problem...do what I am doing and go and get a test to see if you are wheat intolerant! If not, then maybe you just need to be reasonable....dont eat white bread, eat wholemeal bread or seeded bread where the GI content is higher and will make you fuller for longer...dont cut out carbs altogether!! You are starting to go down a slippery slope.

You need to really address your food demons but also what is in your head! I have never met anyone who is so down on themselves and negative as you...and I say that not to be nasty but to make you take a look at yourself. You are a lovely, lovely person that is always so encouraging to others, but to little old you...bloomin eck! You are like a battle axe...you wont let yourself go! Be kind to yourself.

I do hope you are ok....just keep remembering why you are doing this...you want to be happy with you!! But seriously, get your wheat intolerant/carb intolerance sorted...check it out to see if it is real or not!

Take care

Hi,
hope you are doing ok, it can be hard to sort out new routines etc, but it will all be ok.
Take care.
Doirin

Iris, do you just go to your local Doctor to get the wheat intolerance test?

The health shop does it near work....doing the whole 100+ one that will show eveything....but I do think you can ask for a test at your GP, but mine are not very good at these type of issues, so thought I would just go and pay for it myself..from what I understand you need to be eating carbs, etc for the read to be accurate, so need to try and do it before I restart TFR....

How are you Mary anyway?????

My GP warned me against these types of tests. He is of the opinion (as was another doctor/friend I asked) that they're hocus-pocus, and designed to make people feel 'better' about whatever problem they have (weight/skin/toilet issues etc.) by 'diagnosing' an intolerence. They were both in agreement that the only way to 'diagnose' an intolerence is to completely cut out a particular food group (wheat, dairy, gluten etc) for a few weeks, the re-introduce it- noting your body's reaction to it. My GP reckons they're a money-making scam for the health shops/private clinics as the results usually result in a suggestion you buy "x", "y" or "z" to help alleviate your symptoms, when a genuine intolerence would simply mean you avoid the 'offending' food group?
Just thought I'd share?...

Thank you both. Oh Mmmm, well maybe I will give the test a miss then as I dont really think I have a problem with any particular food, except rice which seems to make me heavier the next day, but disappears the day afterwards.

Im fine Iris - thank you. Had a great 4 days off work with loads of sunshine and my Son came up for the weekend. He only lives 10 miles away, but due to his working Mon - Fri and me on my shifts, its not on a regular basis that we can meet. He came up Friday afternoon and his Dad is driving him home this morning as I am in work. Lots of vodka on Friday but then only a few yesterday because of driving this morning.

Back in work today and only 25 sleeps until we return home to Turkey - hadi hadi!!

THANKS IRISH!!! Saved myself some money!!!!! I decided not to go for it. I KNOW tht I have a problem with carbs as I was fine when I never had any, but as soon as I did, I get bloated and sore stomachs...so, I will just leave it..thanks again, much appreciated.

My GP warned me against these types of tests. He is of the opinion (as was another doctor/friend I asked) that they're hocus-pocus, and designed to make people feel 'better' about whatever problem they have (weight/skin/toilet issues etc.) by 'diagnosing' an intolerence. They were both in agreement that the only way to 'diagnose' an intolerence is to completely cut out a particular food group (wheat, dairy, gluten etc) for a few weeks, the re-introduce it- noting your body's reaction to it. My GP reckons they're a money-making scam for the health shops/private clinics as the results usually result in a suggestion you buy "x", "y" or "z" to help alleviate your symptoms, when a genuine intolerence would simply mean you avoid the 'offending' food group?
Just thought I'd share?...

It has been lovely weather as well.....it makes such a difference as you can probably sit outside, etc....

What do you actually do Mary? I assume you work in care? But not sure.

25 sleeps will go in so quickly - eh! You will be so looking forward to your time in Turkey. I need to really get my act together and learn the language. I feel so bad after 10 yrs almost of marriage that I have pigeon Turkish! Just not good...so, trying to find an online course with pronunciation (which is more important). My OH's cousin is looking into it for me as she has friends in that line.

HOpe you are nice and rested after your weekend and time with your son!

Thank you both. Oh Mmmm, well maybe I will give the test a miss then as I dont really think I have a problem with any particular food, except rice which seems to make me heavier the next day, but disappears the day afterwards.

Im fine Iris - thank you. Had a great 4 days off work with loads of sunshine and my Son came up for the weekend. He only lives 10 miles away, but due to his working Mon - Fri and me on my shifts, its not on a regular basis that we can meet. He came up Friday afternoon and his Dad is driving him home this morning as I am in work. Lots of vodka on Friday but then only a few yesterday because of driving this morning.

Back in work today and only 25 sleeps until we return home to Turkey - hadi hadi!!

It has been lovely weather as well.....it makes such a difference as you can probably sit outside, etc....

What do you actually do Mary? I assume you work in care? But not sure.

25 sleeps will go in so quickly - eh! You will be so looking forward to your time in Turkey. I need to really get my act together and learn the language. I feel so bad after 10 yrs almost of marriage that I have pigeon Turkish! Just not good...so, trying to find an online course with pronunciation (which is more important). My OH's cousin is looking into it for me as she has friends in that line.

HOpe you are nice and rested after your weekend and time with your son!

Hi Iris

I work in CCTV with the Police monitoring the Motorway and trunk roads. I do 2 x 12 hour days, then 2 x 12 hour nights, then 4 days off, I love the shifts.

Oooh I would be really interested in the online turkish classes if your family manage to find any for you, I love trying to learn the language.

You're welcome Scotsmist! As I said, it was just what I was told, but I didn't need much persuasion to not spend £100-odd on a test that may be bogus! LOL!
Of course there will be some that swear by it and it's accuracy, but I'll go by my own instincts too I think?

Hi Iris

I work in CCTV with the Police monitoring the Motorway and trunk roads. I do 2 x 12 hour days, then 2 x 12 hour nights, then 4 days off, I love the shifts.

Oooh I would be really interested in the online turkish classes if your family manage to find any for you, I love trying to learn the language.

Oh :) And here was me thinking you worked in a care home!! haha..dont know where I got that from. It must be nice to have 4 days off!! Oh, would love that so much.

I will keep you informed. I have found one company online, but I am going to wait for my OH's cousin to come back to me as she said she would look. If I dont get a response within a few weeks, I will look at this course, but I need to start doing something. We can help each other along the way ;-)!

You're welcome Scotsmist! As I said, it was just what I was told, but I didn't need much persuasion to not spend £100-odd on a test that may be bogus! LOL!
Of course there will be some that swear by it and it's accuracy, but I'll go by my own instincts too I think?

I know, I didnt want to spend a lot either, but the doctors are not too keen on doing these tests at all. My friend suffers terribly and can hardly eat a thing and she has gone through all the tests and still nothing is showing!!!!

i KNOW that I have a problem with carbs as I just dont lose weight when I eat too many, so like you, I have to go on my instincts and the fact that I have been doing LT has proved to me that if I cut out carbs that the weight falls off, albiet not as quickly as most people, but still quicker than most conventional diets I have tried in the past.

We just have to learn to work with our bodies, eh!

LT has proved to me that if I cut out carbs that the weight falls off, albiet not as quickly as most people, but still quicker than most conventional diets I have tried in the past.

We just have to learn to work with our bodies, eh!
Absolutely 100% true!! Good luck back on TFR- let me know how you're getting on? Between you & Tanya I'll be watching how a return to tfr-ing goes for tips on making mine easier!!

Oh :) And here was me thinking you worked in a care home!! haha..dont know where I got that from. It must be nice to have 4 days off!! Oh, would love that so much.

I will keep you informed. I have found one company online, but I am going to wait for my OH's cousin to come back to me as she said she would look. If I dont get a response within a few weeks, I will look at this course, but I need to start doing something. We can help each other along the way ;-)!

You are probably getting mixed up with Jan, I know she works in someones home caring for him. I did used to work in care though, so you were somewhat right lol.

Yes excellent Iris, we can help each other with the Turkish.

Iyi sanslar.

Hi Iris

Wow! What an exciting job!! Bet you see some interesting sites. I would love a job like that. I am currently doing a Criminal Justice Degree and have just started a volunteering job in the Police. There are just no jobs in this field anywhere. The shifts (and the days off) sound ideal!!

You are probably getting mixed up with Jan, I know she works in someones home caring for him. I did used to work in care though, so you were somewhat right lol.

Yes excellent Iris, we can help each other with the Turkish.

Iyi sanslar.

Yes, I probably am getting mixed up! Re: Turkish...tamam!! will find out asap and get back to you. I am itching to start. Learnt a lot of new words whilst out there, the most important being acic cay..hahah..weak tea! Everytime someone asked me if I wanted cay, I would say acic cay...haha....a bit of a standing joke really!

Wow! What an exciting job!! Bet you see some interesting sites. I would love a job like that. I am currently doing a Criminal Justice Degree and have just started a volunteering job in the Police. There are just no jobs in this field anywhere. The shifts (and the days off) sound ideal!!

Yes it can be very interesting at times, but like everything else these days, everything is changing and less Policing will be on the Motorways, more down to Highways very soon. All down to costs!
Good luck with your degree and I am sure you will gain invaluable experience in your volunteer Policing.

Yes, I probably am getting mixed up! Re: Turkish...tamam!! will find out asap and get back to you. I am itching to start. Learnt a lot of new words whilst out there, the most important being acic cay..hahah..weak tea! Everytime someone asked me if I wanted cay, I would say acic cay...haha....a bit of a standing joke really!

I love to learn new phrases and words each time I visit, the last time was quite a few naughty words though :) which I couldnt possibly type here even though in Turkish ;)

Sonra Gorusuruz - (see you later)

Back