I want food :-(

MandyMoo69

I am really really struggling today. Its been a bit dodgy for last 2 days but i can actually visualise myself eating food now and i think i am going to cave tonight. I miss food or at least junk food sooo much today :-(

MandyMoo69 said:
I am really really struggling today. Its been a bit dodgy for last 2 days but i can actually visualise myself eating food now and i think i am going to cave tonight. I miss food or at least junk food sooo much today :-(

Don't do it look at photos wre u unhappy with weight spur u on and remind u why u doing it or eat a boiled egg or som chicken that way u sTay in ketosis

Hi Mandy, I agree with Harassed Mother! If you are going to cave make sure its something that won't take you out of ketosis. In my desperation I had Quorn pieces and 80g of steamed green beans. You can also have a tin of tuna (in water, not oil or brine) and pretty much a whole bag of salad leaves which will make you feel like like you are having a big meal. Just don't use salad dressing or oil. The next day you might feel guilty, or you can just turn those negative feelings into positive ones by getting back on the diet and feeling stronger. After I had cheated the first time I started to pick at things like crackers and crumpets, and then caved in one very bad day to eat crisps and chocolate. During those weeks I still lost 3lbs a week and I thought, oh thats good - I still lost. But now I just think I might have lost, but it could have been double the lbs if I hadn't cheated at all. When you go out of ketosis you undo all the hard work you have done since your last weigh-in. Its such a tough diet, so I think you need to do what works for you psychologically. Its better to fall off the wagon and have one carb-free meal and then get back on it than to keep going and being unhappy to the point where you just give up totally.

I have found lots of support on here, as well as some very good tips - such as freezing tetra packs to feel like you're having a dessert, and drinking sparkling water to feel more full.

Xx

DollyBeth said:
Hi Mandy, I agree with Harassed Mother! If you are going to cave make sure its something that won't take you out of ketosis. In my desperation I had Quorn pieces and 80g of steamed green beans. You can also have a tin of tuna (in water, not oil or brine) and pretty much a whole bag of salad leaves which will make you feel like like you are having a big meal. Just don't use salad dressing or oil. The next day you might feel guilty, or you can just turn those negative feelings into positive ones by getting back on the diet and feeling stronger. After I had cheated the first time I started to pick at things like crackers and crumpets, and then caved in one very bad day to eat crisps and chocolate. During those weeks I still lost 3lbs a week and I thought, oh thats good - I still lost. But now I just think I might have lost, but it could have been double the lbs if I hadn't cheated at all. When you go out of ketosis you undo all the hard work you have done since your last weigh-in. Its such a tough diet, so I think you need to do what works for you psychologically. Its better to fall off the wagon and have one carb-free meal and then get back on it than to keep going and being unhappy to the point where you just give up totally.

I have found lots of support on here, as well as some very good tips - such as freezing tetra packs to feel like you're having a dessert, and drinking sparkling water to feel more full.

Xx

Here here I too have been picking for the last few weeks and I think I could have lost another 2 stone and instead have lost about 8lb my Mind set now is I reckon I have about another 3 months at this diet so what's 3 months when it means I have a lifetime of happiness being the person I know I should be :)

Thanks for ur support everyone however i caved and ate a packet of crisps and a cpl of jaffa cakes :-(. Back on it today but i hope i havent done too much damage !!!! I was thinking about buying in some chicken but have decided againsy it as i know i will eat it and i need to be 100% on ss for next few weeks before my October holiday. I know my munching was due to the week before totm cravings so mite just get btr organised next month. Thanks again everyone. uz have helped me get back on track :)

'however i caved and ate a packet of crisps and a cpl of jaffa cakes'

This really cheered me up and made me chuckle. Thank you.

I have recently started the CD myself and appreciate how difficult it is.

Good luck and keep going.

Ha ha John hope you dont follow my bad example however I suppose it could have been so much worse ;)

Good luck with your journey and keep up updated with your own losses :D

Back