I want to loose about 6-8 stone...am very over weight and need to change my life...

Hello... My name is Jenny and in 24 years old. I have struggled with my weight slowly since my teenage years..worsening once i reached about 14/15....
I was always slim as a child...have a slim mother...then as i reached my teen years i seemed to pile on weight...then got depressed...ate more...vicious cycle.
Long story short...but I have PCOS (poly cystic ovaries) and am very over weight.. last time i weighed myself i was just over 19 stone.
I joined slimming world 2 years ago...lost nearly 2 stone...felt great...life started getting complicated...had my hours cut at work...eventually quit and had no money. Since then i have a new job...and am fairly happy...but my weight is piled back on and gained some more...

I am at a place where i am 24...i am feeling the effect on being over weight... my PCOS is in a bad place...i get tired easily...i work as a nanny...last thing i wanna be is tired and out of breath in my job...my feet hurt...my back hurts....my body aches...am tired all the time... i need to change.

I am looking for a new SW group...and i want to start eating healthy again and change my mindset!
I am so pleased to be back. :)

Jenny x

.am very over weight and need to change my life...

Hiya!!! Im doing sw too so get to group and we can buddy up. I know how you feel but this is it now... we are gonna do it and feel much better :)

How you doing Jennifer, have you set a target weight? Half stones at a time will get you to your club 10 and then just keep knocking them off .5 at a time as long as your losing you are going in the right direction good luck mate ;)

Hello... My name is Jenny and in 24 years old. I have struggled with my weight slowly since my teenage years..worsening once i reached about 14/15....
I was always slim as a child...have a slim mother...then as i reached my teen years i seemed to pile on weight...then got depressed...ate more...vicious cycle.
Long story short...but I have PCOS (poly cystic ovaries) and am very over weight.. last time i weighed myself i was just over 19 stone.
I joined slimming world 2 years ago...lost nearly 2 stone...felt great...life started getting complicated...had my hours cut at work...eventually quit and had no money. Since then i have a new job...and am fairly happy...but my weight is piled back on and gained some more...

I am at a place where i am 24...i am feeling the effect on being over weight... my PCOS is in a bad place...i get tired easily...i work as a nanny...last thing i wanna be is tired and out of breath in my job...my feet hurt...my back hurts....my body aches...am tired all the time... i need to change.

I am looking for a new SW group...and i want to start eating healthy again and change my mindset!
I am so pleased to be back. :)

Jenny x

Hi Jenny,

I have 10 stone to lose and like you I have lost a good amount of weight in the past only to put it back on again with some more added. You are right that we have to learn to change our mind set when it comes to weight loss. You hear it all the time about how we need to make it a lifestyle change rather than a diet, and it's true. I have always 'dieted' and have always ended up gaining what I lost. Either the diet was too strict or the exercise regime too hard to keep up with. This time around I am taking it slowly, counting calories rather than limiting myself to WW points or SW Syns. I use myfitnesspal so not only can I track what I eat, I can also make sure I am not going overboard with too many carbs, or not enough fibre etc.

I suffer with ill health but lately my obesity is causing me more pain than my proper health problems. I really hear you when you complain about your back and feet hurting and your body aching. I suffer with depression and at my lowest point in the past when I have gone to bed not wanting to wake up, all I could think of was the poor blokes that would have to carry my body in my coffin. Thankfully I am not at that point anymore, but I am still scared of dying at this weight and being such a burden to the coffin bearers :eek:

So yep, I want to be able to enjoy my life, live it to the full, and not have this weight hold me back anymore. I am sure we can both do this Vicki, and I look forward to sharing your journey with you :)

Back