I want to Sparkle!!!!

Sparkle

Gold Member
Okay... I had 118.5lbs to lose when I started, I've lost 66.5lbs so far, and have 52lbs to go... Although there is a possibility that I'll want to lost a bit more when I get down.

Even though I've lost over half the weight, I'm looking at what I still need to lose and wondering if I'll ever get there - Will this journey ever end? Is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

I think I'm sub-counciously mucking this up and thinking negatively on purpose. Since I started putting on the weight, all the way to my highest weight, and where I am now... I've put my life on hold. I've decided against doing things until I've lost my weight. I'm now planning a huge life change, a complete change of career. I want to go into TV/Film production - I'm contacting the relevant people and trying to get work experience or volunteer work...

But at the same time whenever I see me doing anything in the future, whenever I picture it I'm slim. I can't imagine me doing this now.. and I want to, I'm fed up with putting my life on hold. I think because I'm so scared of making such a large change, I'm trying to ruin my diet so I don't feel as though I have to do it. Does that make sense?

Could somebody please give me a kick up the arse?

It makes sense ..... think we've all had that self sabotaging moment or two for whatever reason.

You are well over half way now - and 66lb is a fantastic loss. Don't give up now! Keep in there and you'll soon have got to target.

You are right about putting your life on hold - I can remember saying (and still saying) "will do that when I'm slim" ..... good for you on starting to find out about what you want to do for a new career - hope it works out for you ....

.... and I'm sure you will Sparkle!

Okay... I had 118.5lbs to lose when I started, I've lost 66.5lbs so far, and have 52lbs to go... Although there is a possibility that I'll want to lost a bit more when I get down.

Even though I've lost over half the weight, I'm looking at what I still need to lose and wondering if I'll ever get there - Will this journey ever end? Is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

I think I'm sub-counciously mucking this up and thinking negatively on purpose. Since I started putting on the weight, all the way to my highest weight, and where I am now... I've put my life on hold. I've decided against doing things until I've lost my weight. I'm now planning a huge life change, a complete change of career. I want to go into TV/Film production - I'm contacting the relevant people and trying to get work experience or volunteer work...

But at the same time whenever I see me doing anything in the future, whenever I picture it I'm slim. I can't imagine me doing this now.. and I want to, I'm fed up with putting my life on hold. I think because I'm so scared of making such a large change, I'm trying to ruin my diet so I don't feel as though I have to do it. Does that make sense?

Could somebody please give me a kick up the arse?

You can do it, and you will.

I was 20st 7lbs. I am now 11st 11lbs and hope to be less on my next weigh-in (Sunday).

I have had a few stalls and hiccups on the way, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that you pick yourself up and start over. Dismiss a cheat as a cheat - even a binge as a binge - then dust yourself off and keep going.

I think long-term commitment and NOT beating yourself up are two key elements to eventual success.

Go for it, and good luck.

I'm only just starting out on my journey, but already i'm quite scared as i have never been slim. I don't know what being slim is, i've only ever know being overweight, being hurled abuse in the street etc.

Does that sound silly to be scared of being thin. Don't get me wrong i want it so much.

I do know what you mean, and it's not silly. You have your comfort zone, even if you're not very happy in it, you know it... Losing weight brings you out of your comfort zone.

I think there are a few reasons why I'm scared...

1) What if I'm not actually pretty when I'm slim? I don't like the way I look now, but always like to think that if I were slim I'd be pretty - what if I'm not?

2) What if I can't keep the weight off? Could I really go through losing it again?

3) What's it like? I've lost weight before, but the lowest I got down to is 10st 10lbs... And then I was only at that weight for a couple of months before I piled it all (and more) back on again! It's true when they say that your mind takes a while to catch up with the changes in your body. I never considered myself slim.

4) What if I can't do it? I always fail at things... maybe it would just be easier to not try and then I won't fail!

Difficult isn't it?!

I do know what you mean, and it's not silly. You have your comfort zone, even if you're not very happy in it, you know it... Losing weight brings you out of your comfort zone.

I think there are a few reasons why I'm scared...

1) What if I'm not actually pretty when I'm slim? I don't like the way I look now, but always like to think that if I were slim I'd be pretty - what if I'm not?

try & like the face you've got.When you're slim the rest of your body will be pretty too.You are almost certainly viewing your looks with your fat hat on & under estimating how goodlooking you are.

2) What if I can't keep the weight off? Could I really go through losing it again?

What if the weight doesn't go back on?
what if when you notice a 1/2 stone has accumulated you get on top of it quickly. Now is that a journey too long to contemplate?

3) What's it like? I've lost weight before, but the lowest I got down to is 10st 10lbs... And then I was only at that weight for a couple of months before I piled it all (and more) back on again! It's true when they say that your mind takes a while to catch up with the changes in your body. I never considered myself slim.

4) What if I can't do it? I always fail at things... maybe it would just be easier to not try and then I won't fail!

Bad thinking. Wrong thinking.Since when has losing nearly 5st been failure. Your BMI is only 2.5 above becoming overweight rather than obese.

Hmm if that's failure I could find room for some
Difficult isn't it?!

Yes-,but achievable

Back