I was wondering...

Kellie=]

Silver Member
If anybody knows when we can have sorbet?
I have the worst sweet tooth since re-eating (something I never had before) and im trying to think of things other than yog and jelly I can have to stop me lapsing and eating cr@p!!
any help would be massivly appreciated :) xxxx

It depends what it is made of really and what week you are on (I am guessing week 2). You can make sorbet at home with fruit juice and sweetener (week 3), shop ones will most likely have sugar in and not much better calorie wise than ice cream.
However, as you are allowed, lemon juice and sweetener from week 1 I can't see why you can't make some. You might want to check with your LLC though on the amount of lemon you are allowed. It doesn't say anywhere to limit it.

Recipe

• 950 ml boiling water
  • 10 g Granulated Sweetener
  • 6 g grated lemon rind
  • 160 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (I guess you could use the bottled variety or a mixture of both)
  • 8 lemons (for optional decorative serving)
  • Optional Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
DIRECTIONS

1. Combine boiling water and Granulated Sweetener in a large bowl, stirring until Sweetener dissolves; cool slightly. Stir in lemon rind and juice. Pour mixture into a 9-inch square pan; cover and freeze.
  2. Cut tops from lemons; remove pulp. Set aside.
  3. Remove sorbet from freezer; let stand about 10 minutes. Scrape sorbet surface with a spoon; scoop or spoon sorbet into lemon shells or into small serving dishes. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
This is obviously for 8 people so you might want to scale it down for 1 serving to try out first.

Once you get onto week 3 you can use other fruit instead of the lemons, you do have to watch how much fruit you are having though, you need to keep it down to 2-3 servings per day.

Be very careful not to start pinching stuff from other weeks though as this can just lead to more and more lapses which are very unhelpful.
If you have a problem with sweet stuff you really need to try and deal with it and make the most of what you are allowed each week. It does get easier when you can have fruit, I craved it badly, and still eat a good bit every day.

thanks ali your a star.
Iv struggled so much last week. I know exactly what Im doing and thats whats the annoyng thing.
I guess its because i have some choice now and that rebellious child is showing its face and not helping at all :(
I havnt been weighed for nearly 2 weeks either which defo doesnt help as Im avoiding the fact that iv most probably put weight on.
Ill deal with it :)
I will try that recipe later

Buy a punnet of frozen blueberries (I get mine from Tesco) and suck on them in the evening - like lots of mini-sorbets and only 30cals per 100g - can't beat that!

cant have them yet can i?
will sort me out next week hopefully.
Im on week 2 btw!
x

Back