I went for a laser patch test

Discussion in 'PCOS' started by Enough, 6 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Enough

Enough Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.53%)
    Diet:
    SW
    ..So, on Friday I went for a laser skin test.. :eek: ..wasn't sure what it'd be like..

They seemed very friendly, very sales-y, if you know what I mean.. I had to sign a long thing saying that I understand the health risks, that it doesn't always work for people who have hormonal reasons for hairs, and that for some people the hairs can even get worse! ..and I didn't feel I could ask the girl any serious questions (like is there any evidence that laser increases risk of skin cancer) because she was a lovely beauty therapist but was working to a script full of sales nonsense rather than being allowed to say what she really thinks..

So I had the patch test using the Apodgy6200 machine, which the woman said is much better than Intense pulsed light (IPL).. I have never heard of any of these terms, so I have no idea what the difference really is, and which would be better for me, or if there are different health risks attached, or success rates etc.. and I can't find anywhere that really tells me.. there needs to be a Which? Guide to this stuff.. so I'm on a hunt this afternoon for more trustworthy information.. a lovely beauty therapist with a script and a disclaimer form to sign isn't quite enough for me..

If anyone on here knows a bit more, please let me know.. in the meantime, I'll keep you posted on my progress :)

Love!

Vxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.