I will not be fat & 40!

Julia78

Title says it all really! Next July I will be 40 & will be at goal.

I have had my 4th weigh in today & have lost 8 1/2 pounds so far - 1 stone 12 1/2 to go & maybe another 7 pounds after that depending on how I feel.

Decided to start a diary so I can get some support & also because I find reading people's food diaries so useful, hopefully mine maybe useful to someone else one day.

So from tomorrow I will log my food hopefully with pictures (if I can work out how!)

Last edited:
Hi Julia - brilliant start to your weightloss, 8.5lb is AMAZING! I've only been on this forum a couple of weeks but have found great support and keeping the weightloss diary is really helping me.
Best of luck,
Bee xx

Thank you all for your kind welcome!

Food today was:-
Breakfast - sultana bran
Lunch - chicken sandwich, alpen light bar & a pear
Dinner - homemade chicken kebab & weight watchers toffee ice cream pot

Welcome Julia!
How are you getting on?
Love following food diaries for inspiration xx

So I am back bigger than ever :(

I could kick myself, I was doing so well & then I gave up for food that makes me feel rubbish, lethargic & gives me indegestion - why???

I start my plan again nearly every morning & give up by lunchtime but today will be different, I will stick to my eating plan. I can & will do this!

Hi Julia, I am ten years ahead of you....trying to be fabulous at 50.
I know what its like to give up the struggle half way through the day and then lose focus for the next week or two. What I do now is plan the full day, take snacks if you are out, have emergency healthy nibbles in the house and if possible have lunch and dinner already prepared or planned so thatvwhen you get hungry its already there. I have found this way I am only "dieting" for one day...and one day is possible. Then the next day you can start again. I now know I can manage this for 4 or 5 days and then if I break on day 6 then its not a major setback.
Also write down EVERYTHING you eat even if you don't post it all here, its good (and frightening) to see a pattern, what set you off track, what foods don't work for you
Best of luck and keep posting and keep reading

Don't let it get to you Julia, we all self sabotage!

Just draw a line under it, put your shoulders back, head up and use Tipp's advice - writing down what you eat is a really good way of visualising the amount and type of food you have.

We're here for you xx

Thanks for your advice & support.

So I managed a full day on plan yesterday - finished on 1166 calories & I also did a 45 minute aqua fit class.

Let's turn 1 day on plan into 2. I can do this!

Weekend also went well. Thinking of food already this morning! It's my sons 21st on Wednesday & my mum had him a fab cake made which we cut yesterday as all the family goes to mums on a Sunday. I have now got half a gorgeous cake in the kitchen & it's shouting me already.

I need to be strong, not made easier by the fact I am off work this week :rolleyes:

I'm off work this week too but find it easier to stay on track as I can cook everything at home. We had cake too this weekend and its hard to resist...we will be strong.

So a rubbish couple of days which I knew were coming. Had son's 21st yesterday & a big family meal in a nice restaurant.

Signed up to weight watchers online so no excuses now. Aiming for 10 pounds at least for Christmas. Feeling so ready to start today (just hope this lasts!)

Just keep posting here, it will help especially when you feel the willpower disappearing.

Back