Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I will not look like a taffeta sofa!!

Discussion in 'Brides To Be' started by jackfloss, 15 November 2011 Social URL.

1. jackfloss

jackfloss Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.1%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi all. Im Rach and I got engaged just over a week ago - so exciting - was starting to think it would never happen to me!!!
    We already have our date and venue (4th August 2012) giving me just a little under 8 months to shift nearly 2 stone.

Ive done SW before and know it works and ive used the boards before and know its a great booster...

I so want to get back down to 10stone for my wedding day; Ive done it before, have had lifelong weight issues and know I would never forgive myself if I didnt manage to loose weight for my wedding day! I want to get a bit off before I start looking for dresses - I dont want to feel eaurk! in the mirror when trying some on.

Im starting back on SW on wednesday but have decided to start a diary from now. So here goes!!!!!!

Last edited: 7 December 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jackfloss

jackfloss Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.1%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Good day yesterday and so far today - have made plans to go and try some dresses on in 2 weeks. I know im not going to be able to shift a lot of weight by then but would like to at least feel a bit better about myself.

4. jackfloss

jackfloss Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.1%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Weigh in 1

I had first 'official' WI which put my starting weight as 11st 9lb. Thats 3 lbs lighter than I was on monday so woo-hoo - Im counting that as a 3lb loss!!

5. egbert

egbert Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Good start, well done.

6. jackfloss

jackfloss Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.1%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Had a weekend away visiting my OH's mum this weekend. Eat out and had a few glasses of wine but managed to do so without going over or anything.
    Im doing SW and I stayed under 15syns each of the days so Im more than happy with that! Will be cutting them back down now until my WI on thurs.

I will be joining in on the mass strike on 30th Nov (if all union negations fail) and so have decided to use my time wisely having a first look for dress!!!!
    I feel a bit better already (sure its just less bloating) so Im looking forward to doing my best for then.

Last edited: 25 November 2011
  7. jackfloss

jackfloss Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.1%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Weekly Weigh In

1lb off this wk :)

8. egbert

egbert Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Sounds like you are making real progress! How is the wedding planning going?

9. jackfloss

jackfloss Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.1%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Another 1lb off this wk :D- slow but steady.
    The plans are going well thanks - I think Ive found my dress!!!!!!!!!! Was a bit difficult though what with all the samples in the shop being a size 12! Ive managed to track down a size 14 of the one I want up in preston (Im in Manchester) so Im going tomorrow so I can really see more what it would lie like.
    The reception and church are sorted and weve booked the car. My fiance is a pastry chef so the cake is all sorted (or will be) and we have a friend who is a florist so they should be OK.

Ive changed my colours now and Im going to go with deep purple (cadburys!!) for my bridesmaids.

10. egbert

egbert Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I am haing a heather purple and ivory. I'm sorting all the small detail now, table decs, kids bags, and waiting for rsvps to come back!

11. jackfloss

jackfloss Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.1%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Have found my dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Its a Benjamin Roberts dress and I cant wait to wear it! So excited - the thought of it has kept my head out of the biscuit tin (for now) but seeing as the wedding was 8 months ago yesterday am in for the LOOOONNGGG haul!

12. jackfloss

jackfloss Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.1%)
    Diet:
    WW
    4lbs off this wk!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooo-hooooo!!:553:
    Finally the weight seems to have shifted a bit quicker. May be because I switched back to WW this week. Just think with so many night out etc in the next few weeks WW is a bit more flexible for eating out - obviously so! I had 2 chinese take aways and a meal out (pizza express) this week and lost 4!!

Very pleased with - onwards and downwards hopefully. Would love to get under 11 before xmas if poss.

Rach x

13. jackfloss

jackfloss Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.1%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Still on track. Have had a few comments at work that i look a bit slimmer which is really motivating and Im wearing a pair of trousers today that would hav ecut me in half in October.
    Im going to a gig tomorrow night - Shed Seven (old Uni faves!) so im saving my 49PP's for tea out first and a few beers there.

Have decided that during xmas week Im going to save my weeklies for xmas eve (out at friends). Having xmas day off the plan; back to day 1 of a new week on boxing day (with 49 weeklies over 6 days) and then New Years Eve off plan too.

Am recalling awful weight gains of christmas' past - feeling fat and bloated on New Years Eve and have decided 'treating' myself with food isnt really a treat at all!!

Will need lots of motivation but I really want to stick to the plan on all but those 2 days and will be delighted with a STS from wed 21st Dec to wed 4th Jan (WI days).

:109:

14. jackfloss

jackfloss Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.1%)
    Diet:
    WW
    WI 14th Dec

STS this week! That was ok though because Id had a big night out and its also TOTM. Its taking all the will in the world to keep out of the xmas rubbish (sweets & biscuits) in the staffroom!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.