i will win the battle

Emmamb

Silver Member
Hi everyone-I'm fairly new here (been lurking for a bit),anyway I rejoined sw 7 weeks ago and have lost 16lb upto now :) still have a long way to go-approx 7 stone + !!
I've been overweight since having my 1st child 12 years ago and although I've lost weight in the past having another baby has always been at the back of my mind along with the 'why bother now,I can do it when I've finished having babies' thought. Well now I've finished having children (4 in total) and felt so ashamed when I tipped the scale at 20+ stone after having my youngest (now 13 weeks).
I'm determined that this time will be different but already bad habits are creeping back and my husband doesn't help (super slim and can lose a stone I a week no problem) I want to get fit but haveno time for the gym so hints and tips would be appreciated :)
Looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing my journey xx

Hi Emmamb,
I thought I'd drop in to say hello as we have both started our diaries this week, even though, like you I've been on SW plan for a while now. However, I had a dodgy April so need to knuckle down again this month!! I can't give you any exercise tips sorry as still just concentrating on the eating really - I do walk my dogs but anything beyond walking still scares the bejaysus out of me and brings me out in a sweat without any physical excertion at all!!
Good luck and keep at it and try to drop by again soon xxx

Hi Emmamb, you have made the right decision to come here for support. Congrats on your losses so far and remember the only way is down!

Hi Emmamb,
Just thought id give you a few tips... the best thing to start with is walking, walking, walking. Its something i need to get back into as i have fallen of the wagon for about 2 months! Lets hope that minimims helps us both!!

xxx

Any exercise is good and it doesn't need to take up time, build it into you day;

Whilst cooking do lunges round the kitchen
Whilst ironing do squats and calf stretches
Take the stairs
Walk to the shops
Bicep circles with even shopping bags on the way home
Whilst watching tv do some Sit-ups and leg raises
My fav of all - butt clenches when your sitting, standing, driving whenever you remeber :)

Thanks everyone-just did a few butt clenches whilst I read lmao :)
I left the car at home yesterday and walked to the childminders with my 2 youngest sons (my 4yo loved it and is already pestering to walk everyday) I weigh in this evening but tbh not expecting a loss but want to go,get weighed then draw a line underneath it and start again. Already decided that I'm not goin to buy takeaway tonight (gonna cook sw kebabs instead),and gonna attempt to use the tuner on my oven so theyl b cooked in time for me getting home xx

Maintained this week-more than happy with that (well not happy but you know wot I mean)
New week,new start-am starting to go out walking this evening and fingers crossed should be pickin a cross trainer up this aft :)

Had a great day yesterday-food optimised 100% and walked nearly 5 miles yesterday evening with my cousin. And picked the crosstrainer up so I really have no excuses now-feeling really positive about this week already :)

Back