IBS?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by jindal, 19 March 2009 Social URL.

1. jindal

jindal Full Member

Is it safe to do LL with Irritable Bowl Syndrome? My GP wouldn't approve it but I did LL couple of years ago. I am desperate to loose weight as I've put on 1 and 1/2 stone back and feeling miserable. I was on cd but my CDC is saying it will be on my own risk if I want to continue with CD. Any advice will be helpful.:cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bigboy77

bigboy77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Diet:
    LL
    I've suffered with IBS for years and told my GP I was doing LL and he was fine, been on the programme 5 weeks and haven't had any major problems, because you're hardly eating anything I've found that it helps.

I would say give it go.

4. jindal

jindal Full Member

Thanks for your reply. Do i still need to take supplements? ( i am taking acidophilus caps four times a day and aloe vera juice)

5. roundrachel

roundrachel Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Hi there. I have IBS and found LL actually calmed it down. I had psyllium husks every day to keep things 'soft' and help my bowel movement along but as I wasn't eating anything it actually eased my symptoms somewhat. It's been quite difficult eating again and it's taken a while for things to adjust but it's now fine.
    Good luck and I hope you can get the medical support to start LL soon.

6. futureyummymummy

futureyummymummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(21.1%)
    Diet:
    Lean in 15
    I have IBS really badly and I've found the symptoms completely clear up while on the program, hope you get your gp to see sense :D

Emma xXx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.