Ice Cream - Summer is here - Syn values

lt52

Silver Member
I fancied some ice cream and last year totally put off trying some (apart from some ben and jerrys at the cinema! lol) So this year i wanted to look into this. I'm not a massive ice cream fan but when i want one i want one and that's the story lol

I found these in Morrisons and was impressed..... They were on offer and i don't think i would buy them not on offer
DSC_0004.JPG

They are 'mini' versions so not the full version but the full versions of some come way over syn allowances i reckon....
The magnum classic is 8.5 syns
The magnum almond is 9 syns
The nut cornetto is 6 syns
The strawberry cornetto is 5 syns
And each twister is only 2 syns each.... impressive for a little treat and good for the little ones too! lol

I also found some 'Soleros' in iceland called 'Solos' obviously there own version lol. They are wonderful and very bitey taste and so refreshing! They were 5 syns each for a full icecream which i thought was brilliant. They were 3 in a box for £1 - fab! I also believe actual Soleros are only 5 syns each too, but Iceland's taste exactly the same to me.

I've seen but not tried the skinny cow ice creams..... they aren't anywhere other than Asda and they were empty when i went.

I also found Mars ice cream bars which i think are 7 syns, not too bad - better than mars bar! lol

Please add any other ice cream treats on this new thread so everyone is up to date with new ice cream treats and syn values and i'll add any others i find or try ....

Lee

I fancied some ice cream and last year totally put off trying some (apart from some ben and jerrys at the cinema! lol) So this year i wanted to look into this. I'm not a massive ice cream fan but when i want one i want one and that's the story lol

I found these in Morrisons and was impressed..... They were on offer and i don't think i would buy them not on offer
View attachment 172265

They are 'mini' versions so not the full version but the full versions of some come way over syn allowances i reckon....
The magnum classic is 8.5 syns
The magnum almond is 9 syns
The nut cornetto is 6 syns
The strawberry cornetto is 5 syns
And each twister is only 2 syns each.... impressive for a little treat and good for the little ones too! lol

I also found some 'Soleros' in iceland called 'Solos' obviously there own version lol. They are wonderful and very bitey taste and so refreshing! They were 5 syns each for a full icecream which i thought was brilliant. They were 3 in a box for £1 - fab! I also believe actual Soleros are only 5 syns each too, but Iceland's taste exactly the same to me.

I've seen but not tried the skinny cow ice creams..... they aren't anywhere other than Asda and they were empty when i went.

I also found Mars ice cream bars which i think are 7 syns, not too bad - better than mars bar! lol

Please add any other ice cream treats on this new thread so everyone is up to date with new ice cream treats and syn values and i'll add any others i find or try ....

Lee
Hey have you tried making your own with yoghurt a an quark not the same I know but still refreshing an loads of different flavours

These from Sainsburys - they are mango flavoured frozen yoghurt lolly ices are 3 syns each and are really nice!

11185881_10153257095989847_1567529639_n.jpg

And omg I have just realised your syn values are for small ice creams lol

Yeah only the small versions of some come up under 15 syns - which is quite mental! And scary for how easy it is to just have an ice cream and not realise - its the good ones that are the most, of course lol

These from Sainsburys - they are mango flavoured frozen yoghurt lolly ices are 3 syns each and are really nice!

View attachment 172289

Oooo they look nice, i have to say some 'own brand' versions are a heck of a lot lower in syns and yet.... i can't always taste the difference....

I love this thread its getting to be the time of year where I'm craving ice cream every day. It's so good knowing I can still have the minis :)

Oooo they look nice, i have to say some 'own brand' versions are a heck of a lot lower in syns and yet.... i can't always taste the difference....

I agree :)
I loved Magnums before SW but I wouldn't dare buy a box now for 2 reasons, they're so expensive and I'd eat them all ;)
Aldi do a cheaper own brand version though but I won't buy those either lol

I like Asda's Good & Counted Mini Fruit Moments - a mini Solero-type ice lolly with frozen yogurt rather than ice cream in the centre. A box of 8 (blackcurrant, exotic fruit, pineapple and raspberry) costs £2 and each lolly 'costs' 2.5 Syns.

Mini milk ice lollies are also good to have in the freezer for 1.5 Syns each.

I love this thread its getting to be the time of year where I'm craving ice cream every day. It's so good knowing I can still have the minis :)

I agree the mini ones are helpful to have!

I like Asda's Good & Counted Mini Fruit Moments - a mini Solero-type ice lolly with frozen yogurt rather than ice cream in the centre. A box of 8 (blackcurrant, exotic fruit, pineapple and raspberry) costs £2 and each lolly 'costs' 2.5 Syns.

Mini milk ice lollies are also good to have in the freezer for 1.5 Syns each.

How did i forget mini milks - but i find them bizarre and i'm not always sure of them lol

For anyone like myself who scours the country with baited breath every summer for the elusive Maxibon, Asda have them in at 2 boxes for £3. 10 syns each but so, so worth it. The king of the ice cream world.

For anyone like myself who scours the country with baited breath every summer for the elusive Maxibon, Asda have them in at 2 boxes for £3. 10 syns each but so, so worth it. The king of the ice cream world.

Wow - after a quick google i may have just found my new ice cream love! They look amazing and would totally be worth the syns too!!! Wow thanks!!!

Wow - after a quick google i may have just found my new ice cream love! They look amazing and would totally be worth the syns too!!! Wow thanks!!!

They are incredible. You've not been able to get them in this country for about 4 years, but this year Asda have them back in stock. The biscuit-y bit is all malty and soft. We found them on a trip to Asda after weigh-in, and I don't care how high your motivation is, you CANNOT just walk past them!

I'd never heard of Maxibon, so I googled them. The nearest Asda is miles away from me but I am now going to have to make a special trip (and save up syns!) - they look AMAZING!

I'd never heard of Maxibon, so I googled them. The nearest Asda is miles away from me but I am now going to have to make a special trip (and save up syns!) - they look AMAZING!

It was probably a terrible idea to mention them on here, but they are too good to miss out on!

If you have a Sainsbury's near you check in there before you make a special trip to Asda. I noticed only this afternoon that Maxibons are listed on the Sainsbos website.

It was probably a terrible idea to mention them on here, but they are too good to miss out on!

Nah never - i could easily find 10 syns if they are that nice lol!

If you have a Sainsbury's near you check in there before you make a special trip to Asda. I noticed only this afternoon that Maxibons are listed on the Sainsbos website.
Thank you, there is a Sainsbury's within walking distance!

Oh my god - why didyou tell me this! My fave Ice Cream ever and I havent seen them for years - my go to Ice Cream when I go abroad! I occasionally have orea Sandwich Ice cream as its the closest to these I have ever found!!

Back