'Icecream'

lou49

Yesterday I bought a Kenwood smoothie maker and was really looking forward to making the 'icecream' with a shake pack. However the thing packed up within five minutes, hadn't got further than trying to crush ice. So I am taking it back to Argos (it was one designed to do ice after all) and I think I will get a Hinari Genie as recommended by many on this board.
Is there any way to make the 'icecream' without a crushed ice thing and what are your recommendations for really cold shakes without crushed ice?
Thanks - Louise

If you freeze the tetra paks, they become like ice cream - can be a bit solid, but ok if you leave them to defrost for 40 mins or so before you eat them.

I'd be very interested if you manage to make the "ice cream" :p with the smoothie maker. So far I've just blended about 5 cubes of ice in a blender which turns out to be a thin frothy milkshake, but still very nice.

Keep us posted.

Hrmm....never tried that one me......silly darn things breaking eh? All for the frozen tetra though!!! plus!! if you are a Mix-a-mousse fan, you can put some MAM in with some water flavouring and water obviously and make jelly for your ice cream!! chocolate tetra ice cream and orange jelly!! you wouldn't think it sounds like a diet would you? :rolleyes:

Hrmm....never tried that one me......silly darn things breaking eh? All for the frozen tetra though!!! plus!! if you are a Mix-a-mousse fan, you can put some MAM in with some water flavouring and water obviously and make jelly for your ice cream!! chocolate tetra ice cream and orange jelly!! you wouldn't think it sounds like a diet would you? :rolleyes:

That sounds wonderful, might have to give that ago at the weekend!

Hiya! Exchanged the faulty smoothie maker for a Hinari Genie today at Argos but haven't unwrapped it and read the instructions yet. I was thinking about using a MAM in a tetra and freezing it. Might that work (wouldn't need the Genie for that)
Louise

Back