Iceland and slimming world

I know there is a lot of negativity about these meals coming out (it's evident on this thread!!), but if I'm honest, when I am babysitting out I would usually opt for a takeaway, as it is impossible to look after someone else's children and cook from scratch in a kitchen that is not your own, when you don't have your own ingredients to hand (including that tub of 50 spices and herb collection we've all got growing) and that you do not want to mess up...so I am all for these personally!

There great if they work for you and you get losses, I can see PPP eating these regular though and wonder what it does to losses whether they are up or down.

These are the only 2 I can eat as I don't eat meat. I tried the curry on Wednesday night and really enjoyed it. My mum had the pasta, and said it was delicious. (I tried a bit of hers and had to agree!) The portions were very generous- but it didn't stop me having my curry with rice though! Mum found that the pasta meal was enough on its own, although she is in her 80s and has a smaller appetite than me. I hope they bring out more veggie meals. I used my vouchers and bought another curry and pasta today.

Same here, I hope they bring out more vegetarian options. I would have loved a vegetable tikka

SW confirmed to me earlier, that the chicken tikka masala, sweet potato curry, chicken pizzaoli, sausages and meatballs are all gluten free

There great if they work for you and you get losses, I can see PPP eating these regular though and wonder what it does to losses whether they are up or down.

My consultant was very clear that these meals were for situations where if you didn't have a SW frozen meal on standby, you'd be phoning for a takeaway. It's a quick way to protect your losses when you're feeling weak/are short on time! I wonder if the message is consistent through all groups though?

You can enjoy these meals anytime as long as you include more s foods into them x If I had these in the freezer it wouldn't stop me getting a takeaway to be honest .

My consultant was very clear that these meals were for situations where if you didn't have a SW frozen meal on standby, you'd be phoning for a takeaway. It's a quick way to protect your losses when you're feeling weak/are short on time! I wonder if the message is consistent through all groups though?

I cant see why you couldn't have them when you want them...everyday if you like. I mean, they are a free food and you can make them yourself should you wish to follow the recipes on the back of the package. What would be the difference in making it and freezing yourself...no one says you can't eat your own frozen ready meals everyday, infact SW actively encourage us to do that for when time is short.

I cant see why you couldn't have them when you want them...everyday if you like. I mean, they are a free food and you can make them yourself should you wish to follow the recipes on the back of the package. What would be the difference in making it and freezing yourself...no one says you can't eat your own frozen ready meals everyday, infact SW actively encourage us to do that for when time is short.

Exactly! SW don't suggest that other convenience foods lilke Pasta and Sauce etc should be eaten only occasionally so these meals are no different. I can't understand either why some people think that eating these will affect your losses. Why on earth should they?

Exactly! SW don't suggest that other convenience foods lilke Pasta and Sauce etc should be eaten only occasionally so these meals are no different. I can't understand either why some people think that eating these will affect your losses. Why on earth should they?

Absolutely...I don't think they will affect losses either way, its just free food, no different to what has always been allowed!

Message was clear but I'm seeing ppl eating these 2 times a day now. But could just be novelty wanting to try them all?

Yes but this doesn't work for everyone. Not everyone gets losses by eating as much as they can of free food.
And from what ive seen ppl aren't serving these with a minimum of 1/3 speed.

Yogurts are free but if you are a lot every day your losses would be effected.

Yes but this doesn't work for everyone. Not everyone gets losses by eating as much as they can of free food.
And from what ive seen ppl aren't serving these with a minimum of 1/3 speed.

Yogurts are free but if you are a lot every day your losses would be effected.

But these are meals and what people may have cooked themselves. Yogurts aren't meals and don't fill you up so yes, you could easily eat too many! You do have to use some common sense!!

I honestly do not know what all the fuss is about......look in the SW Directory, there are thousands of ready made foods in there that are on plan.

They do well our consultant does. And pasta n sauce is limited anyway by virtue of needing a hexa to make it.

And the movement to the sp plan certainly does show sw are shifting the ethos of eat as much free as you like as on sp the idea of free food is very limited.

Food is only free under certain rules, 1/3 speed and stop eating when you are full. And even then ppl don't always loose and are advised to cut back on free and up there speed.

Though anyone who does it these everyday please do let us know on losses, it's s really interesting discussion and no one knows unless they did just eat these as to what would happen.

But these are meals and what people may have cooked themselves. Yogurts aren't meals and don't fill you up so yes, you could easily eat too many! You do have to use some common sense!! I honestly do not know what all the fuss is about......look in the SW Directory, there are thousands of ready made foods in there that are on plan.

I have to agree, I don't see what the point is worrying ourselves about what others are doing, plus if there are people using lots of ready meals already, and synning them, then surely the SW ones are better for them

If people use the recipes on the back and then cook the same meal themselves, will that also be complained about ??

But these are meals and what people may have cooked themselves. Yogurts aren't meals and don't fill you up so yes, you could easily eat too many! You do have to use some common sense!! I honestly do not know what all the fuss is about......look in the SW Directory, there are thousands of ready made foods in there that are on plan.

There isn't a big deal or fuss, it's a discussion point.
I have an active interest in nutrition for whole host of personal and professional reasons.

It's not about causing a fuss it's about different ppl with different perspectives discussing and helping each other with choices and decisions.

Back