I'd like to get to know you better....

Purple Hugs

Loves weight.. training!
I'd like to get to know you better... :grouphugg:

So wondered if you'd like to share a few things about yourself.. :553:

Feel choose to miss out anything you'd sooner not share...

Name:

Something interesting about you:

Something you're proud of:

Name: Jane

Something interesting about you:

I am an ex-biker who is alternative in music etc.. I love punk, metal and alternative music. :devilangel:

Something you're proud of:

Not being a product of my childhood (with the exception of my weight problem).

Name: Rachael

Something interesting about you: apparently Elvis Presley is my cousin....

Something you're proud of: that I'm working full time, and doing a degree!

xxx

Name: Leanne

Something interesting about you: I love to clean!

Something your proud of: I moved out when i was 19 and got a house and mortgage with my partner. I have worked full time since i was 16, bought and paid for my first car (brand new) when i was 17!

Name: Mathew, Mat, Oi!, Scrag-end

Something interesting about you: Having thought about this for a while, I keep thinking I should mention that I am a film buff. My DVD collection runs well into the thousands and I also have a pretty respectable Home Cinema system. Not interesting to everyone, but it keeps me sane!!

Something you're proud of: Other than my Home Cinema and DVD Collection? I fitted a new kitchen last year, something I have no previous experience of. Did a pretty damn good job of it too. The cupboards are still on the walls, which I guess is a good sign.

Great to read about you all! :)
I'll invite Leanne round with Mat.. leanne to clean after Mat's fitted a new kitchen for me! lol ;)

Mat.. my hubby is a music buff... to use your words! lol thousands of cd's on the pc and 'real' cd's too :) Me.. I live with a storage nightmare since we moved and he lost his 'wall of sound' (shelves)

Name: Ellie
Something interesting about me: I can speak (more or less fluently) 5 languages (including Latin, now that is useful, haha)
Something I'm proud of: my studies/having found the courage to leave my country to come and live in Britain with my bf that I love more than anything else in the world :)

My name is Luisa well the one I go by as I have 7 official full names as I was born and bread in Portugal, but english at heart (20 years I have lived here).
I'm 40 got 3 children g 18 b 17 and g15. Been married forever lol (19 y) a white boxer Rex and he shares my birthday.
I work as a nanny in London.
I speak 6 languages bsl included.
I am quite bubble and chatty and can drive people up the wall quite easly (just ask my hubby) but don't tell him I actually admitted it lol.
If any of you live in Loughton essex or know someone that does and needs a diet buddy tell them to drop me a line
xxxx

Great to read about you all! :)
I'll invite Leanne round with Mat.. leanne to clean after Mat's fitted a new kitchen for me! lol ;)

It took me a while to do it, as I was working mostly alone. Saved the £3k fitting fee though!! Only had one slight accident, which involved my thumb, a finger and a stanley knife. Only lost a tiny bit off the end of my finger, so if anyone needs any tips let me know!! :D

my hubby is a music buff... to use your words! lol thousands of cd's on the pc and 'real' cd's too :) Me.. I live with a storage nightmare since we moved and he lost his 'wall of sound' (shelves)

Storage is a nightmare!! I'll take some photos of how mine are stored some time soon. I'd love all my movies in one room on shelves, but I passed that stage a while ago and it's just not practical anymore, unfortunately. :(

How lovely to read about you all! :)
I'm rather humbled by the languages you speak but I have done my first year Welsh.. does that count!? lol I plan the other 5 years in the future :)

Mat.. OUCH! When it comes to the finger.. and wow £3K!!! I take my hubby for granted I guess. We have 'revamped' our kitchen as can't afford a new one this year (other rooms to do as well as kitchen), it is coming together nicely, includes some new units and doors.. and floor tiles.. and coving.. and paint.. lol SEE!! lol

I can imagine your collection! :) Hubby has 3 pc's.. only one in use all the time, one is retired but spare, and the other is back up.. add into this 1000 whatever of external drives and another one on the 'shopping list' I'm lucky that I don't have to store that really!! Mp3's are very very handy. :p

Rep Points - are where you leave reputation for a member and receive it.. ;) when you receive it your 'rep' goes up. :) When you give it, you share your rep with the person you have given it to. :) There is a small scales (like justice scales) on the left of each post.. you can leave 'rep' by clicking on that and typing in your comments (and name). ((hugs)) hope that makes sense! lol

Hello!! Room for a bit of a late-comer....

Name: My Name is Charlotte

Something interesting about me:
I was conceived in the back of a Triumph 2000 in a lay-by in the French Pyrenees. :eek: Been skiing since the age of 4 - even when the size of a small car!
Something I'm proud of:
Frank, our 2 year old. Loughton's cheekiest toddler, who has an unhealthy obsession with Balamory.

lol a the back of the car! and wow at the pyrenees!! I spent a wonderful summer there as a child. :)

Brilliant found myself a partner in crime diet crime that is ty for getting in touch lottymoo. Looking forward to hearing from you in the week so we can go for coffee and a good natter.
Luisa xxx

Name: Zoe

Something interesting about you: I was born on the EXACT day the Fawklands war ended. 14th June 1982. So when my mum was pushing me out, everyone else was celebrating!

Something you're proud of: My two beautiful boys. Anton who is 2 & Milo who is 7 months. They are my greatest achievement to date!

Name: Ellie

I have owned 7 different types of animals before. Currently I have 5 rats. I have also done a parachute jump, scuba dived (including with sharks), plus other stuff.

Something I'm proud of:
Struggling with this one... Erm. Joining this diet to shift all this extra weight, for the first time?

Something I'm proud of:
Struggling with this one... Erm. Joining this diet to shift all this extra weight, for the first time?

I very nearly put that myself! :) you SHOULD be proud, we all should. We are the only ones that can 'do it' and want it enough to get there and stay there. :)

Name: Carol

I have five gorgeous children, am a stay at home mum and work nights too;)

Something I'm proud of:
I'm finding this one hard too:eek: well I'm proud of my children they are fantastic, and I'm proud of my relationship....we are head over heels madly in love (even afetr lots of years and lots of kids) and a bit of a strange one, but, I'm proud that I havn't passed my 'issues' with food and weight problem onto my kids- they are all fit and healthy and tbh I think people are sometimes surprised about that when they see me with them

I'm really enjoying hering about everyone else, great idea PH :D

Hello

I'm Jo and I'm 41 with a mental age of about 15!

An interesting thing about me - that's a difficult one - ummmm despite working as an Accountant in my day job, I'm a bit of a dab hand at African Drumming - just wish I had more time to do it.

What am I proud of??? Surviving 18 years of domestic violence and finding my sanity with a lovely husband (3rd time lucky!) Not something many people know about me!

Hopefully at the end of the year I will be able to say - Loosing 10 stone in weight and discovering what I really look like!! lol

xx

Name: Kelly

Something interesting about you: I I have a rather large CD around 700 and DVD 1000 Collection (nothing to compare to Mat's but i still got time to grow it)

Something you're proud of: I moved away from Gosport Hampshire where i grew up which everyone said they would but no one every did. None of my family have owned thier own home they are all either though councils or the army or some sort of housing org, when i moved to leeds in June 2006, i was 17 got a mortgage and owned my own flat by Nov 2006 just 3 months after my 18th.

Also proud of myself for not just blaming my weight on family genes and getting off my bottom and doing something about it!

Back