I'd like to introduce myself

tinaa1

Hello all you lovely people... My name is Tina and I live in Broxbourne in Hertfordshire. I attended my first Slimming Work class last night and my new way of eating starts today. Ive struggled with my weight most of my life, but recently its got out of control. I've tried many diet and nothing seems to have worked.

3 years ago I had a terrible event in my life that has changed my life forever. During a routine operation a mistake was made that almost killed me, it kept me in hospital for 3 months, put into early menopause and left with a colostomy. The colostomy was reversed 9 months later, but i was left with terrible injuries and unable to work. 3 years down the line my weight has increased due to overeating, feeling low, depression and unable to exercise. I lost my job and lost my friends due to being stuck in the house and now of course with such a weight gain, I dont want to go out.

But I now feel able to cope with getting my life back on track and I feel more positive than ever before. I have read some inspirational stories and now looking forward to chatting and making friends with anyone that would like to chat and tell me the ups and downs of trying to lose weight....

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Tina :)

Hi and welcome. So pleased to hear you are getting back on track. You have had a terrible time.

Good luck with SW. Please come and see us in the SW section

Irene xx

Tina you sound so mentally ready for this
and that is the first and biggest hurdle
I am starting slimming world today
I have used it to get to target in the past - but really stupidly let myself put most of it back on again - partly due to my life changing in a major way and partly due to depression and medication issues

I want to wish you all the best and let you know I am here if you feel you need a little extra support

I will be doing green days only as I am a vegetarian
what plan will you be following or will you mix them up depending how you feel that day

H xxx

Back