Ideal place to eat out?

bananas-on-toast

Hi everyone,

Are there any ideal places to eat out if you follow slimming world? I love eating out in all kinds of places, most that I know would completely bust the hard work that I'm doing, but I would like there to be somewhere I could go that would generally be ok.

Also, since commiting myself to losing the weight, the thought of fast food burgers is knocking me sick, anyone else feel like that?

What about a Toby? Lots of free veg, (excluding cauli. in sauce, and all the potatoes and yorkies). I just went there today and had a nice red day meal, only syn was gravy about 2 syns?? and I think about 2-3 syns for meat.

Last edited:
Carvery's are brilliant, like jillymeg said, you can be in complete control of what you're eating.
I find pubs generally are pretty good - you can go for some lean meat with a jacket potato and salad - just don't be scared to ask for things to be left out.

Toby is the nest bet,you can fill on up on all the veg,be careful though,when we last went all the veg was swimming in butter.I had never noticed that before and was very unhappy about it.

I went to one of the 2-1 pubs recently and they have added a couple of chicken kebab meals.

The one I had came with boiled rice, salad and a tomato salsa. It was a huge meal and the only thing I had to syn was the salsa (olive oil)

I live near Manchester and we have restaurants called Rice. They cook everything from fresh so will make it anyway you like. You might have something similar to you.

I also worked at my local kebab shop when I was younger (saturday job) and the chicken kebabs are made the same way you would do them at home except they are flame grilled. Very healthy and come piled up with salad. I find it best to have them dry and make up my own dressing when I get home though. Mint and garlic yoghurt is very yummy :)

Toby is the nest bet,you can fill on up on all the veg,be careful though,when we last went all the veg was swimming in butter.I had never noticed that before and was very unhappy about it.

I noticed that too, but suspect that it was not butter but some transfat margarine stuff! They didn't have the new potatoes but some horrible looking mash that was so 'buttery'?? that it looked bright yellow! I gave that a miss and just had one teeny weeny roastie!

does anyone know actually how many syns are in nandos chicken? I know its not a lot but surely they use oil etc. for cooking and I would remove all the skin and stuff.

be wary of pub "baked potates", some of them deep fry a bag full and then freeze them to be popped in the microwave for 10 mins on demand..

Indian and Chinese are quite good bets, as you can make good choices, e.g. Chicken dhansak and boiled rice (6.5 syns). Not had a Chinese for ages, so I forget the exact syns now, but dishes like beef/chick in black bean sauce are really low-syn.

Most places you go, you can make good choices.

Back