Ideas and recipes for Cambridge "790"

westhills

I STILL mean it!
As I'm venturing into the world of food for the first time in seven months, I could really use some tips/recipes for meals on the Cambridge "790" plan. I am doing this for the next 3 weeks (ish!!!) before, and during my holiday. Anyone who has any experience of this, could you please post ideas here, to keep "food talk" off the main, general, thread. Anja, are you there? I bet you've got some ideas.....

Ann,
Take some herbs & spices with you. As I said on the other thread the Salad Seasoning is yummy! And will be better for you than adding any dressings to salad.
Anja...yes where are you I know you have some fab 790 ideas!
Kamilla x

Today, I chopped 6oz of chicken breast up and put it in a plastic bag with chicken tikka spice from Tesco. I shook it up until the chicken was coated, and put it on a plate. Then I cooked it in the microwave for a few minutes. I had it with finely chopped raw cabbage seasoned with salad seasoning & vinegar. It was YUMMY!!!!

Sorry, been away with the fairies & missed this thread.

All of mine will involve quorn as veggie but certainly during AAM I loved quorn kebabs. I did the quorn chunks, (4oz on AAM, don't know what on 790) with mushrooms, green pepper alternated on skewers, seasoned to taste with a little fat free dressing to dip the chunks in.

Obviously salad with quorn or chicken pieces is good.(Need to check which very low fat dressings you can get. My fave is Asda Good For You yoghurt & mint dressing - great for dipping the kebabs in!)

(Most of my current recipes are a tiny bit too naughty for 790 as I'm doing 1100 with WLR now: weetabix + raspberries brek, low fat tuna cuc sandwich + yoghurt, salad with quorn ham, low fat coleslaw & low fat pot. salad, mini aero is tomorrow's menu! )

Have a lovely time away Ann! Hope your flight and everything are fine!
Love Anja xxx

Sorry, been away with the fairies & missed this thread.

All of mine will involve quorn as veggie but certainly during AAM I loved quorn kebabs. I did the quorn chunks, (4oz on AAM, don't know what on 790) with mushrooms, green pepper alternated on skewers, seasoned to taste with a little fat free dressing to dip the chunks in.

Obviously salad with quorn or chicken pieces is good.(Need to check which very low fat dressings you can get. My fave is Asda Good For You yoghurt & mint dressing - great for dipping the kebabs in!)

(Most of my current recipes are a tiny bit too naughty for 790 as I'm doing 1100 with WLR now: weetabix + raspberries brek, low fat tuna cuc sandwich + yoghurt, salad with quorn ham, low fat coleslaw & low fat pot. salad, mini aero is tomorrow's menu! )

Have a lovely time away Ann! Hope your flight and everything are fine!
Love Anja xxx
Hi Anja,

Came across this site and it looks fantastic!

http://www.quorn.co.uk/cmpage.aspx?section=Recipes

Thanks Mini,

Those're fantastic. Have done a few before the fajitas, bolognese etc. Will need to try a few more.

Thanks again. Hope the SSing is going well.
I'm on WLR & PMcK combined now.

Love xxx

Back