1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for Rabbit Recipes Please

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Minimunchkins, 11 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Slimming World
    Peeps, does anyone have any ideas & tips for recipes using rabbit please? I believe that they might consist of mainly casseroles/stews (which I can fathom) but when I asked a butcher today, he told me today that you have to leave some bones on the meat. I thought this was a bit strange (but then again I can't find anyone who's used rabbit before so this might be the norm). Many thanks.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stellasmammy

Stellasmammy Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hugh F.W did some stuff with rabbit on River Cottage, have a look on the C4 website. They did bunny burgers and curry and the WI did loads of stuff too.
  4. avisk

avisk xx

Slimming World
    You could use any basic casserole/stew recipe. Rabbit is a lovely meat, nice and lean.

You can roast part of it, but I always found that it came out too dry and stewing/casseroling/braising was a much better option. As with chicken, it is easier to cook most parts of the rabbit on the bone - it is supposed to taste better too.

Have a look on the BBC website BBC - Food - Recipes or the Waitrose website http://www.waitrose.com/food/cookingandrecipes/index.aspx

This one could easily be adapted to SW ways:
    BBC - Food - Recipes : Rabbit and pearl barley stew
    and so could this:
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.