Ideas on a 'bottomless stomach' day!

madmumof3

[h=5]Ideas on a bottomless stomach' day!

I've eaten what I normally would (muller and fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch) but I'm still hungry, even had an alpen bar which I'd normally save until the end of the day, still hungry!

Got a feeling it's going to be one of those days where nothing will fill me up! Any ideas on snacks to fill me up?

EE day, having salmon and rice for dinner later (had red day for 3 days so it may be lack of carbs that's making me hungry today?).[/h]
What do you eat when nothing seems to be enough?!

I had a whole week like this last year after a depo contraception shot. I was eating stirfry veg ie peppers onions carrots - anything in fridge and adding to super low fat noodles. I had this as an extra meal on top of my other 3 lol, almost every eve! Still lost 1.5 lbs to my amazement that week! Was very very filling- I didn't hold back if u get me otherwise I would of stuffed in a load of extra syns

What was in the salad, were there any eggs or meat? I always need some form of protein to keep me going if eating salad. Then usually mid afternoon I like to have fruit (strawberries, raspberries and orange or banana and mullerlight or this week I've also had melon with cherries).

Make sure you're fully hydrated and I know you've already had a muller but if you're really hank marvin, I'd be tempted to have another :)

Pasta'n'sauces, savoury rices and low fat super noodles are my life saver! Maybe try switching to green days for a bit to see if it curbs your bottomless stomach? We all get hungry days, but it's how you deal with them that's important, so well done for coming on here and asking! Shows your will power :D

I always need eggs or some kind of meat in my salads or Im hungry late afternoon, for snacks I will have fruit or muller light x

Definitely need protein with your salad. I had ham and egg today with mine. Only had toast and marmite for breakfast, but had a thick slice of HM fruit roulade (syn free) which had strawberries and melon in. Will be having chilli with jacket potato for dinner tonight.

Have also had a small bar of Magic Stars (3.5 syns).

Denise

I'm a mugshots fan (the sweet & sour one with extra black pepper and chilli flakes - I like it firey!), I always make a fruit salad for work for me to nibble on throughout the day. For my post-work munchies I usually have ryvita (HeB) with philadelphia (synned) and sliced apple on top. I'm thinking of mixing up my fruit salad and chopping some carrot sticks and celery to take in instead.

It was a ham salad, it's a typical day and usually what I'd eaten up until dinner time would have kept me full without dipping into my heb or having loads of extra fruit.

I had a MASSIVE salmon and pasta dish with tonnes of veg and that filled me up finally!

I always save my hebs on EE days until after dinner so I can have a chocoalte bar (alpen or hifi) and a kitkat, loads of chocolate within my syns in the evening :D

Today I've already had my heb.

I never thought I had any willpower but sw is proving I do, I won't cheat, no matter how hungry I get, superfree or free snacks only for me! :D

I tried red and green days for the first time last week and had 3 red days in a row (the last 3) so I think my body was just begging for some carbs! I'll mix them up better this week.

Thanks everyone :D

I find I need a carb overdose when I have days like that lol.
Plenty of pasta and potatoes to fill you up.
I love things like a big plate of spag Bol and syn some garlic bread slices.
Pasta bake with SW chips and salad.
Potato and cheese bake.
SW chips topped with bacon and cheese.

A nice hearty breakfast usually helps too, a full SW fry up to start you off or a chunky cheese and ham toastie xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Something carby and creamy usually works for me on those days, e.g. SW spaghetti carbonara x

I love a milky bar. Just 3 and a half syns. Apples really seem to fill me up too. I'm also before automatically grabbing for food each time... Upping my water intake and drinking peppermint tea... Hope that helps love! Xx

I love a milky bar. Just 3 and a half syns. Apples really seem to fill me up too. I'm also before automatically grabbing for food each time... Upping my water intake and drinking peppermint tea... Hope that helps love! Xx

I never knew this about milky bars!! Yum. A normal standard size Hun? I never seem to see them in the shops. X

I never knew this about milky bars!! Yum. A normal standard size Hun? I never seem to see them in the shops. X

i buy them in asda in a pack. They are the small ones (which I think are the normal size anyway) great to fix a sweet tooth craving!!! Xx

I visited a farm shop at the weekend - must have been the sunshine (that is now nowhere to be seen!) that inspired the visit. It could have been a dreadful mistake, as I was surrounded on all sides by gorgeous home-made cakes and biscuits and the overloaded cheese cabinet was definitely beckoning to me but, in true minimins style, I resisted all attempts at sabotage and headed for the freezer containing tub upon tub of appetising fresh fruits. There was such a huge variety, I didn't know which to choose. Anyway, after going totally round the houses, what I was going to say was that, every time I feel the munchies threatening, I defrost a bowlful in the microwave, which makes them extra juicy, and pick at them, either on their own or with a yoghurt poured over. Delicious! :)

Back