Ideas please as I'm getting a Icecream maker for my birthday

maypole

loves to eat
Am very excited :party0011::party0011: So post all your sin free ice cream ideas here please??

Thanks in advance

x

It's my birthday today so want to get cracking with making Icecream so can anyone help?

Thanks in advance xx

I love making my 'ice cream' in mine!

I do lots of variations - one of my favourites is fromage frais or/and natural yogurt, white choc options (1 sachet per quarter big tub) and sweetener if wanted - plut in IC maker until like soft Mr whippy then finelay chop fruits - I like strawberries and add for a few minutes then serve.

I also use the fat free yogurts and add fruit to those too.

Ben & Jerrys have a nice cook book but syns are high but some can be adapted using fromage frais and natural yogurt. Try experimenting with FFrais and nat yogurt by adding other things to them like choc chips, fruit, crumbled cookies or stale cake, stem ginger, options powdered drinks - but ad the syns!

Also (although you'd have to count the fruit) Puree fruits and make a sorbet?

Last edited:
And have you seen this reipe by Loopeyloo?

Syn Free Ice Cream
Used a receipe from here but thought I'd post again with a picture as its hot and definately worth a go....was delicious
biggrin.gif

004-2-1.jpg

3 Eggs Separated
6-8 level Tbsp Splenda
A few drops of Vanilla Extract
350g Virtually Fat Free Fromage Frais

Whisk whites till stiff then fold in splenda with a metal spoon.
Beat yolks and add vanilla, add to egg white and then fold in fromage frais.
Pour into a ice cream churn until mr whippy set or you can place in a freezer remembering to stir so the ice crystals don't set.

And have you seen this reipe by Loopeyloo?

Syn Free Ice Cream
Used a receipe from here but thought I'd post again with a picture as its hot and definately worth a go....was delicious
biggrin.gif

004-2-1.jpg

3 Eggs Separated
6-8 level Tbsp Splenda
A few drops of Vanilla Extract
350g Virtually Fat Free Fromage Frais

Whisk whites till stiff then fold in splenda with a metal spoon.
Beat yolks and add vanilla, add to egg white and then fold in fromage frais.
Pour into a ice cream churn until mr whippy set or you can place in a freezer remembering to stir so the ice crystals don't set.

Yeah thats what started me wanting one :D

Thanks for your help

What about using herbal/fruit teas to make a sorbet? Make the tea up strong, leave to cool, add sweetner and bung in your maker?

For a quick syn free ice cream, well if you can call it that, I use 4 pots of muller light yoghurt (so frozen yoghurt really...lol).

I put it in the machine and sometimes add fruit or if feeling a little naughty for a couple of syns I crush up a couple of squares of choccy and add it in.

Very yummy

xxx

Back