Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Ideas please for marrows.

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by fillymum, 27 June 2011 Social URL.

1. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My lovely neighbours gave me 3 fabulous looking but large marrows today. They were picked whilst we were talking, so are as fresh as they can be.

I love fresh marrow, these are the ones that look like a giant courgette but would like some new ideas for SW style ways of cooking it.

HELP !!!! I cannot stand waste. I will give one to a girl friend but the rest have to be used.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Oooh I love it with mince filling, make similar to how would do for a spag bol or chilli etc and then put into the marrow mmmm or a quorn version of this would be nice am sure :)

4. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I made a huge veggie curry for my Service User last week, with Marrow, BNS, Carrot, cauliflower, peppers, Mushrooms. It's all freezable too.

5. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks ladies.

I think tonight we will have it with quorn mince, which we both love, with a tomato and basil sauce and topped with cheese, hea and b. So thanks for the idea Emsie.

Tomorrow we will have it as Shirleens' curry veg but with noodles instead of rice.

Mmmmmm, it is making me feel hungry.

6. Leapfrog

Leapfrog Champion actifryer

Start Weight:
    84kg
    Current Weight:
    71.5kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    12.5kg(14.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Stuff 'em ;) as ahs been said. You can also use a rice mix (cooked), such as a stiry fry or biriani, or chilli

7. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The stuffed marrow was so delicious we had it again tonight.

I fried onions in fry light, added tomatoes when that was cooked added tomato puree, crumbled in an oxo bolognese stock cube.............cut the marrow into enough for the 2 of us, scooped out the seeds stuffed with mix, topped with HEA an HEB of cheese.

Monday I am going to make roasted veg soup and freeze it to use up some more.

Thanks for the ideas.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.