Ideas...

x Lulu x

Silver Member
I want to try the aromatic stir fry from sainsburys.

It has asparagus, tendersteam brocolli, lemon grass, baby corn, runnerbeans and chillis.

What sauce would you have with it?

I'm thinking maybe have prawns or chicken but not sure what sauce. Or some of the birdseye sweet chilli prawns over them, do you think that would be nice?

My mum is away on holidays and I'm struggling with meals ideas lol x

Sounds yummy! Prawns sound especially nice with it, and are healthier than chicken (less fat and calories!)

A sweet chilli sauce would be nice but may have more sugar than other sauces that are savoury. Try a black bean sauce or something similar?

I love that stir fry mix! It's definitely best with prawns - and I make my own sauce with Nam Pla (fish sauce) chilli, garlic & spring onions but it also tastes great with just a splatter of soy sauce! It makes a good Asian style soup too :)

Charli XxX

I'll give that a try one night this week. I'm lost wothout my mum and dont want to live on ready meals!

Thanks! X

x Lulu x said:
I'll give that a try one night this week. I'm lost wothout my mum and dont want to live on ready meals!

Thanks! X

There's always jacket pot & beans to fall back on! Hehe ;) But I agree ready meals are so... ergh!

Charli XxX

Xcharlibobx said:
There's always jacket pot & beans to fall back on! Hehe ;) But I agree ready meals are so... ergh!

Charli XxX

I made jacket potatos on tuesday for myself and my boyfriend when i cut into my bfs potato ( i had weighed and pointed mine) his was all brown and rotten inside! It was awful but mine was lovely hehe i had it with birdseye sweet chilli prawns yum! X

x Lulu x said:
I made jacket potatos on tuesday for myself and my boyfriend when i cut into my bfs potato ( i had weighed and pointed mine) his was all brown and rotten inside! It was awful but mine was lovely hehe i had it with birdseye sweet chilli prawns yum! X

Oh no!! Haha :) Oooh that sounds a yummy idea!

Charli XxX

It was really nice the prawns were 8pp but you got loads of sauce which would have been nice over salad.

I'm tryn out the cod one wih tomato rosemary and olive oil tonight. Wont be having tea till late though. I'll let you know if the cod one is nice too x

x Lulu x said:
It was really nice the prawns were 8pp but you got loads of sauce which would have been nice over salad.

I'm tryn out the cod one wih tomato rosemary and olive oil tonight. Wont be having tea till late though. I'll let you know if the cod one is nice too x

Ooh that sounds lush too :)

I'm a fish lover but my hubby hates it - so if it's good I can have that while he has something rubbish :D

I love cooking, but just don't have time in the week so I'm always looking for yummy quick ideas! My mouth is watering hehe.

Charli XxX

Back