If self-sabotage was a sport......!!

Shivie

On a mission!
:banghead::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::banghead:

Ahhhhhh.....what is wrong with me??! I caved catastrophically the last three days running while trying to re-start the final leg of the race. Just can't seem to get back in "the zone" I was in before. Am soooo annoyed with myself as I know the first three days are the hard ones so WHY oh WHY can't I just knuckle down to it? Needing as many virtual butt-whoopings as you guys can muster!!
:whoopass::whoopass::whoopass:

I'm blaming the fact that I'm stressed out over my now-missing cat, my poor ickle baby I miss him so :cry:
...but then again I'm a past expert on excuses...so have to stop making them and sort this out. Am thinking that I'll just draw a big red line under the failings from RIGHT NOW (even though I ate breakfast & some naughty stuff this morning) and start on the shakes I brought to work to, as I hoped, start again today!! Then at least by the time I wake up tomorrow I'll have half a day done so it won't feel so daunting! I feel like I'm letting you all, as well as myself down so it's twice as disheartening. SOOOO here goes...AGAIN!!

xxx S

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's tough getting back on the horse. Just remember how good it felt to complete the first week successfully. It's tough going at the time but once you look back on it time flew....I'll keep all my bits x for you...Tomorrow is going to be your lucky day

Good luck x x
You have done so amazingly so far, you can finish this x x

Thanks so much you guys! Just had a delicious (??!) chocolate shake there and a 500ml bottle of water so the re-start's re-started!! Bring it on!

x S

:banghead::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::banghead:

Ahhhhhh.....what is wrong with me??! I caved catastrophically the last three days running while trying to re-start the final leg of the race. Just can't seem to get back in "the zone" I was in before. Am soooo annoyed with myself as I know the first three days are the hard ones so WHY oh WHY can't I just knuckle down to it? Needing as many virtual butt-whoopings as you guys can muster!!
:whoopass::whoopass::whoopass:

I'm blaming the fact that I'm stressed out over my now-missing cat, my poor ickle baby I miss him so :cry:
...but then again I'm a past expert on excuses...so have to stop making them and sort this out. Am thinking that I'll just draw a big red line under the failings from RIGHT NOW (even though I ate breakfast & some naughty stuff this morning) and start on the shakes I brought to work to, as I hoped, start again today!! Then at least by the time I wake up tomorrow I'll have half a day done so it won't feel so daunting! I feel like I'm letting you all, as well as myself down so it's twice as disheartening. SOOOO here goes...AGAIN!!

xxx S

Hi Shivie,

This may take some time so fasten your seatbelt………

First of all you have not let yourself or anyone down, you did what we are all programmed to do by nature and that’s eat (amongst other things, but that’s for another type of forum J). What you did was no disaster or breaking anything or failing or anything of that kind. The worst you have done is put yourself in a position where you feel you need to beat yourself up about it, you think you’ve done something wrong and thus there should be some price to pay, but the price you are paying is only that you realise even more than before that you’re not where you want to be YET!!!, THAT’S ALL. Don’t add anymore relevance to it than that.

If you look at the thread I started (Newbie sort of) you’ll see that I also had absolute hell trying to restart and it took me several goes before I could string 1 mornings together let alone 2 days. I kidded my self that having two shakes and a sensible meal would make me lose weight, but it didn’t and I guess the meals weren’t as sensible as I thought, thus my weight stayed the same yet I was going through the rigours of not eating (there was no ketosis thus no loss).

I found that once I’d decided not to look weeks ahead to any goal I found it easier to get back into the zone of realising eating food whilst trying to lose weight on lipotrim
TFR was not going to work for me, and so was able to get back to TFR. I found the first whole day (from waking on Tuesday morning until waking on Wednesday morning) was like the beginning of the race.

You are STILL in the zone because you care enough to come on the forum and share your experience with us all. Someone who has slipped out of the zone would feel bad and not be heard of on the forum again (at least not for some while until they found themselves). It takes strength and courage to come on and share an experience that you feel is a negative one (although it isn’t).

So to summarise, pick yourself up dust yourself off and get back in the saddle, don’t make excuses to yourself about when you’re going to start or having any last tasty meals etc, you’ve started, or should I say continued, TFR once you woken on the second morning, then you’re FULLY back and it’ll be as if you’ve never stopped.

Hope you don’t take anything I’ve said in the wrong way. I’ve had so much inspiration help and support on this forum its unbelievable, and I just wanted to try to help you in a time when you’re feeling bad.

Stay positive and keep posting, we’re all here for you.

Kolacube :) xx

That's just made my day Kolacube! Thanks a million for taking the time to dedicate such a lengthy post to lil' ol' me!! I'm honoured to have such valued support! You're so right in every respect. For today I'll just look at the very short-term, as in getting today over with (1 shake & 1 litre of water down!) then tomorrow and the long-term will follow of it's own accord. And rapidly if I recall! I had sort of being avoiding the forum (silly I know) out of sheer shame though that's even more reason to check in, report our natural human weaknesses and gain strength from encouraging and being encouraged by others experiencing difficulty. Again, thank you most kindly for snapping me out of my self-loathing and I am more than confident I'll be back to report good news tomorrow! Have a great TFR evening hun xxx

Hi Shivie you are doing amazing especially for coming back after your time off. I lost 1 stone back in August went on holidays and was suppose to go back on straight after but I didnt and I ended up putting back on the stone I lost :( So im back again !! Keep going your nearly there I bet you can smell it thats how close it is :) x

Right, well - I think Kolacube pretty much said all there is to be said on the matter! :D

Get to it, girl! :asskick: :8855:

(also, very sorry to hear about your cat - hope he turns up very soon, probably acting like nothing happened... :kitty:)

Hugs, Marianne xxx

Oh Shivie... there's not a lot more anyone can add to kola's inspirational message... but just wanted to send you another hug :bighug: Please just promise me you will have a 'Let's be kind to Shivie' day for just 24 hours at a time... where you're only allowed to be good to yourself (and by that I mean TFR :D)... but also that you must think kind thoughts too!! Our actions ALWAYS result from the thoughts we think.... so watch your thoughts with care... and if a temptation pops into that sweet little head of yours.... replace it with something really really positive :D Someone once told me our minds are like a stage... good thoughts and bad thoughts can't be on the stage at the same time... so if you notice a bad one has crept in... bring on the good guys :D :D
(Please please keep coming on here... you soooo did the right thing by sharing your frustrations xxx)
You may have lost a battle, but you sure as heck havent lost the war :D

:party0011::party0019::party0011:

Yaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!! I'm BACK....truly, madly, deeply!!!

Survived the night munchies and the morning ones!! So I can officially re-join the TFR flock!! And boy is it a warm, fuzzy feeling!
I thank you all from my heart for all the kind words of encouragement. What on earth would I do without you all, my LTBFF's?! :grouphugg:
I'm going to postpone Monday's weigh-in until the following week so I'll have 11 days-worth of weight gone so that'll be much more substantial a loss than only 4 and a half days-worth!
Thank you all again for sorting my head out!
Oh and on another happy note, my wandering cat returned...last night well after midnight I heard him yowling to get in at the patio door!! After me searching the banks of the local stream in muck and dirt and combing the park hedges with my flashlight calling "Psssshhhwshhhwshhh" like the crazy cat lady Lilac teased me about!!!!
Love & hugs to you all. We're a great team! xxxx

The prodigal cat returns!!

Attachments

• 194.jpg
    194.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 33
The prodigal cat returns!!

Aw, that's such great news! I'm welling up, actually... :eek:

Spoil him rotten so he never does that again! :D

Take care, hun, and get yourself through another day...
Hugs, Mx

Thanks Marianne, yes I'm well on my way now I think. Better just to concentrate on the very short-term for now as Kolacube suggested then the days will start to pick up speed again. 16lbs is very do-able before Christmas after all!! And you've only 12 to go! Brilliant stuff! It's so worth it for the amazing results xx

Back