if you blend the shakes do they eventually go thicker??

miss-r

I can do it!!
if you blend the shakes do they eventually go thicker??

I blended one today for the first time, as i've been using my shaker cup till now.

The shake was nice and smooth but I wondered do they go thicker if you blend them for ages??
Apart from adding less water is there anyway of making the shakes thicker??

Thankyou!!

They don't get any thicker with more blending. But as determinator says, adding ice cubes can make them more like a McD's milkshake, you just have to get the amount of water and ice cubes right. Adding a few more ice cubes will then give an almost ice cream like consistency. That is my prefered way to have the shakes now, even with the colder weather.

You can get the mousse mix to add to them which I've heard helps to thicken them

I dont think they thicken with blending but if you add a little less water and about 8-9 ice cubes and blend they are scrummy ( almost as good as a McD milkshake :)

Ooh, how much water do you add so it is like a McD's milkshake. That is my weakness, a nice choccy milkshake and if I can make one and still keep to the CD diet, fantastic :D:D

Ooh, how much water do you add so it is like a McD's milkshake. That is my weakness, a nice choccy milkshake and if I can make one and still keep to the CD diet, fantastic :D:D

Depending on the consistency you want, up to about 150ml and 6 large ice cubes. The ones I add are quite large though, so you may need more depending on what size your ice cubes are. It's a case of trial and error until you get it right. :D

Back