If you miss a pack ....

SweetFannyAdams

... should you catch up the next day and have an extra one?

There have been a couple of times when I've not had my third pack until 10.30pm-ish and just haven't felt like having another later. I did have one at after midnight the other night and was awake for hours with a growling belly!

I will try and be more organised and down them earlier, but if I do miss, should I catch up?

I did this once or twice but never did catch up the next day. My LLC gave me hell for missing packs though:(

Guess all you can do is try and have them all. I have two in the evening but I mix them together as one soup so have a lovely big mug of soup.

SFA, I was told to do whatever I wanted - if I wanted to have 5 the next day fine, but if not, no big deal. AS LONG AS IT ONLY HAPPENED VERY VERY RARELY!

It IS vital to have all four each day, from a nutritional standpoint - but things happen, and sometimes they are missed.

SOmething I do, if its getting late, as I don;t have my first pack until about 7pm each night - if it gets later, I will mix 2 packets of soup, and have a thicker soup, and a bigger bowl too!! :D Then its easy to have a hsake and bar at the same time, etc.

Don;t sweat it too much, and you will get a real rouitine and groove going and should be able to avoid that.

Good luck! X

Thanks BL! Do you really not 'eat' until 7pm? I tend to have one around 10am, another after I've picked the kids up from school at 3.45, then my next when they've gone to bed around 7.30, but if it gets later than that, I'm struggling to fit in another! I only have shakes, really hate the soups!

It takes awhile to get into the routine but a routine is essential as once in ketosis it is very easy to forget as normally you don't feel hungry...

You could add half a pack the next day instead of taking the full one and use them up this way...divide the pack and make it up fresh and seal the half pack and have it the next day following that.

The diet is scientifically worked out to keep you in good health and condition and having all your packs is paramount to maintaining good health and energy overall.

Love Mini xxx

Thanks BL! Do you really not 'eat' until 7pm? I tend to have one around 10am, another after I've picked the kids up from school at 3.45, then my next when they've gone to bed around 7.30, but if it gets later than that, I'm struggling to fit in another! I only have shakes, really hate the soups!

Yeah. I used to have one at lunchtime at work, but once I was well in to Ketosis - I found I was not hungry at all, so could skip bringing blender and hot water and stuff to work as we have no kitchen for staff use. It got to be a pain.

Plus - I started getting wierd looks from across the floor when people would look across, see me smiling and hear something whirring behind my partition. ;) :D

So now, I generally have a shake between 6-30 and 7, then have soup at about 8-8.30, then a bar and shake later on if and when I am watching amovie.

It just works for me.

As Mini said, you will find your own routine, and do what works best for you.

Wow, BL - you're hardcore!!

Laughing at the whirring and funny looks!

lol - it might seem that way, as it did for me when I first started the diet and heard of someone else with a similar schedule. I though, "My god! How does one wait ALL day for a pack!!"

But, it is so true what Mini said - as you get well in to the diet SFA, you are not going to know what hunger is. You really forget about your packs. I didn't believe it either, but it is true. :)

All sorts of good things ahead for you and all the other new and fairly new starters! It honestly just gets easier and easier!!!

:)

xx

If it helps, my LLC (who is one of the original LLCs - she's been doing this since the late 80s) says that it doesn't matter too much if you only have 3 every now and again, and that it used to actually only BE 3 and they only moved it up to 4 packs comparatively recently. I don't think it should be a habit though (cos of the vitamin thing) and she was keen to stress that it won't help you lose weight any faster.

Back