"I'll give you a week" GRRR! I'll prove you wrong

If I was you I wouldn't even talk about food to them. Don't even mention anything diet or healthy eating related and then it will be them who are rubbing their eyes when they see you have lost weight!

Don't let it get to you, and remember who you are doing this for....you!!

Lesley xx

wow, nasty people!
I told my friend I just bought a size 14 dress (Im a tight 16 at the moment) and she said, there you go again, wasting your money!!!!
I was fuming for a few minutes then thought she had actually given me a gift because anytime Im tempted to eat rubbish or go over my syns, Ithink of her. and I think of how much pleasure Ill get from wearing that dress when I get to a 14.
you show them!

Wow, people can be horrible! I'd say don't discuss anything regarding your health or diet with these people. They sound CRAZY.

Absolutely agree with all that's been said... its time to store up all this negativity from other people and use it to spur you on... every time you think about falling off plan or overdoing the syns think of these people and how envious they are all going to be in as little as a few weeks... you can do this, this is something that is entirely your own, so pluck up your courage and take on the world!!!

Good Luck xxxxx

Oh goodness... I know exactly how you feel!

I work in a department of about 8 women and one man. (Poor guy... I really do feel sorry for him at times! lol)

Anyway's diets are always high on the topic list here. There is one girl who has lost a load of weight on weight watchers... and while she is looking great.. its turned her into an over confident horrible person. :( I told her that I was on SW and everyday now I get comments like 'so hows it going? Not very well by the looks of it.'

Just makes you so mad doesnt it! It's nice to know that other people have the same problems...and that its not just me! lol

I hope you manage to show them that you can do it my dear. :) Got my confidence in you!

Loads of the teachers at my school do weight watchers. I think one of them went on it and lost loads of weight and then loads of other people were inspired by her and joined.

However it was them that made me think I never wanted to join weight watchers as they all lost loads of weight and have all put it back on! The girl who lost all the weight first said that weight watchers is good but that as soon as you stop doing it you put it all back on!

So that's why I decided on SW as it's more about finding new ways of cooking things, tips you can use for life whereas all the ladies at my school who are on WW only ever seem to eat rice cakes! Gross...

That sounds like where I used to work. They were so nasty and always putting biscuits and cakes near me at work even though I told them I didnt want them then making snidey comments when I was eating my dinner because as we all know SW food isnt diet food. I have now left there and am continuing my journey without their negativity

x

That's really low, doesn't she remember how it was before she lost loads of weight? I lost 4 stone 7years ago and my confidence soared but it didn't change me in a negative way. I was still the same then and I am still the same now.

I do have a friend who makes little comments when I say I'm on a diet (especially when I mention SW because it didn't work for her) but I find the cruel temptations of a bottle of wine at her house worse.... it's very hard to say no to those haha.

Hayley xxx

How awful for you but I'm so pleased that you've posted here venting. Sometimes when people say nasty things it's all too easy to slip back into bad eating habits.

Teaching staffrooms are notorious for cakes. We are a big staff and when it is birthdays we bring in cakes etc. Well...it's almost every week at our place! Grr!

Oh...and the best of luck for your SW journey x

Wow! I can't imagine loosing over 4 stone... I'm finding it difficult to get to just a 1 stone loss.

I think the main problem is that she's just not a very nice person. And now that her confidence has come back... well she's perhaps finally showing her true colours?

Think it's just sad though that people can be so mean. I don't care what anyone else says... dieting can be hard... and it just shows that if we stick with it then we are better people. :) (I know what i wanted to say there... but i don't know if it came out right! haha)

Ah yes - well I've found that nasty vindictive people come in all shapes and sizes. All you can ever really do is rise above it, because if you snipe back at them you're just acting like they do and end up going home feeling crap about yourself (well, I do anyway) and dwelling on it. Although I have remarked by saying "Oh... That was a bit spiteful / negative" without any clever point-scoring and that's worked a treat because they can hardly argue with it without looking even more of a git. Although I've even felt a little bit bad then. What a wuss!! Lol.

Omg ladies you have just made me feel 100% better and about 20% angrier! Lol.

I had always heard stories about how people in work could be nightmare-ish but originally doing this in uni i didnt face those problems but you are all right. The first time anything about a diet will get mentioned is when they start telling me how fab i look ;)

I will not rise to their bait
I will not eat their chocolate
I will not listen to their put down comments

I will continue spending 5 minutes in the morning making my tea for the slow cooker
I will continue to plan and try to be the most organised woman ever existed (lists of lists and all :p)
I will continue to stay motivated, take my homemade soups and pasta to work and loose weight

Thank you all of you - especially Ferny :D xx

just prove them wrong... you say you want food ready when you get in - get a slow cooker then you can put stuff in before you go and it will be ready when you get in

((hugs)) glad your feeling better poppet! Some people are just complete nauses! its like instinct for them to want you to fail because theres so much stigma around 'diets' .. you wait till they see you all skinny and stuff, then they'l be saying how well youv done! and they'l wanna know your secret, always the way. Either that or they'l make it thier mission to fatten you up again, some people arnt ever satisfied! lol

xx
god i want meatballs now.

Well what a set of B%*@!£$!! I can understand not wanting to tell people at work. I had the same when i first started where i thought everyone would be winding me up and saying what are you loosing weight for but when i told them i found that they were all actually 'secretly' dieting anyway and now they all want to know what im having for dinner and whats in it, etc. But its clear they arent going to be like that. I would just steer clear and not tell them a thing. It is difficult when your working with people you dont get along with. But these are obviously the kind of people that arent going to loose any sleep over how they treat other people so i wouldnt either!! x x :party0049:

Well what a set of B%*@!£$!! I can understand not wanting to tell people at work. I had the same when i first started where i thought everyone would be winding me up and saying what are you loosing weight for but when i told them i found that they were all actually 'secretly' dieting anyway and now they all want to know what im having for dinner and whats in it, etc. But its clear they arent going to be like that. I would just steer clear and not tell them a thing. It is difficult when your working with people you dont get along with. But these are obviously the kind of people that arent going to loose any sleep over how they treat other people so i wouldnt either!! x x :party0049:

Thanks Kyzi, I felt at the time like i would have to justify myself but i dont wana spend my life justifying myself to people, especially ones who arent actually my friends! Now im not saying i dont get on with them, they seem fairly nice people (so far!) but its the way that make these comments. And whenever i suggest anything, even work related, i get this look off "well you are too young to think that, it wont work and because we are older and know more we know you will fail".

I will be sticking around thought to let you all know how I get on :D Thought about starting a diary but no one wants to hear my rantings lol will end up being all about school instead of food!!xx

Back